Chapter 8 of Relief

The next day, my bunch of friends said that something has changed to me. "I think she's blooming. What happened to you? We know that something has happened very nice." Sarah teased me. "Oh. Am I really?" I asked to them. "No you're not. Really." Kim said in sarcasm, and rolling her eyes on me. "Whatever. Really, what?" I asked them, innocence playing with my voice. But still, I cannot fool them. They looked at me, waiting for me to tell the story. "Oh well. You will not let me go until I tell what happened, right?" I asked them. "Of course!" They all answer in chorus."Okay, I got it. Well, Carl asked me to be his date to the school dance." I murmured to them. "Carl asked you...?!" Namie almost shrieked to the whole canteen. Great. Thanks. I thought irritably. "Sssshhhh! Could you just not scream that to the whole world?!" I said, irritably. "Stop exaggerating, Jade!" Namie said to me. "Exaggerating?! 'Em not! Really." I said, really annoyed now. "Stop bickering! C'mon, Jade, continue with your story." Kelly urged me. "Fine. Yes, he asked me. His exact words were: 'Will you be my girl?'." I flushed as I said that. "What?!" Kelly almost shouted to my face. "What?" I repeated to her. "Really? He really said that?" Kelly gasped. "Yes, he did." I said. "W-O-W. Major wow." "I know. I didn't expect it either. He also gave me tulips. Pink and yellow." I confided them. "Your favorite. He must really like you, for all reasons." Sarah said to me. "I think so." The truth is, I'm still uncertain if his words are all real. If he really like me. I might just put those thoughts off at first and worry them later. I mean, I should be worrying 'bout how I'll look that night. Maybe that paranoia will come later, I guess.