Chapter 6 of Relief

I woke up feeling sick. Morning sickness, maybe. Then my hands flew to my stomach. I think it's getting bigger everytime. I don't know. I haven't even had a check-up. I want to go home so freaking bad. But I don't have the courage to. Crap. I'm a mess. I cried again and drifted back to sleep.

I called Kelly first and foremost. I told her all, and we cried over the phone. I asked for help. She said she would go to me as soon as possible. Maybe the next day. But I asked her not to tell anyone, even Rade. She promised.

I slept with difficulty that night.

Still, I am feeling sick the next day. I went down for breakfast--cereal and milk--when Kelly called. She would come that afternoon. I went to grocery, cooked and tidied the place a bit. I know I am not allowed to move heavily for my baby's safety.

Kelly came around four in the afternoon, with her puppy Stacy. It was the first time I really smiled after weeks. "Glad you came." I smiled at her. She hugged me. "How are you, Jade? I missed you a lot. We missed you a lot. They've been asking for you and we can only answer them by 'we don't know where she is, either' and it's horrible. Daniel is the one who's dead worried 'bout you. He's been finding you everywhere whenever time lets him." She elaborated to me. Poor Daniel. He must be in pain. I lead Kelly inside my tiny apartment and thanked her for everything. She asked me how I managed living like that when I am barely of age. The truth is, I ran away from home with one person in mind. My aunt--the sister of my mom who's angry with her. Despite the fact that she and mom are not on speaking terms, I am her favorite niece. I ran to her, and she promised not to tell my mom, even though she scolded me for being irresponsible. She's been helping me since the beginning of my doom. "Aunt Veronica has been a big help to me. She's my saviour in my dark days." I told Kelly. I told her everything from the very start, how I fall on this situation, everything. She asked for Carl. This brought up my tears. "I don't know. When I told him this" - I pointed to my bloated stomach- "he first seemed concerned about me and the baby, but after sometime, he just... disappeared." I ended the sentence with difficulty. I sobbed to Kelly's shoulder and she cuddled me tightly. "Everything's gonna be fine. It will be solved. Be strong, for your baby." She reassured me. "For my baby?" I grimaced. "Why?" She wondered. "You know, Kelly, at the very moment I knew that I am going to be a mother, I hated this. I hated him. I thought of aborting the baby, but still, I didn't. I know it's bad." I confessed to her. She looked at me with horror. "Jade! How could you? This baby is a miracle. A gift from heaven. Maybe you don't love him today, but sooner or later, you're going to find yourself you can't live without him. He will be your life now. He will byour everything. You just wait for that time. I'm sure about that." She explained to me.

 Kelly stayed for dinner that night. We chatted and chatted. She gave me details about others. Kim and Rain had split up. This shocked me. They're a cute couple, really. Sarah and Josh survived their second year anniversary. Namie and Jerald went off to different schools, and I guess they're having a long distance relationship. Kelly and Rade's never been this strong. They're on their way for their first year anniversary. Gosh, I thought. I miss the girls! I miss school. I miss everyone. "After I give birth and rested for a bit, I promise you Kelly, I'll go back to Nashville. I really will. I miss everybody." I cried again. This night's been the night of tears. I cried a lot that night.