𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝘁𝐞𝗿 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈

Seated high upon his black horse, Russ rolled his eyes as he watched Sergei and Alexander run in the snow, not even boots on their feet. He knew they were werewolves, which meant they were used to such terrible weather, but what he couldn't understand was why he was suddenly thinking like that. 

He felt his cheeks flush with colour, his face was warm, too warm, he took deep breaths to calm himself down. Cairo, riding alongside him, watched the male's facial expression, it was almost unreadable to the inexperienced person, but he knew... From experience... Something was bothering the young master.

Cairo smirked as he watched the male, "So, lil chief, about the lassie we're lookin' for-" he was cut off by Russ' cold threatening glare, "She's not some lassie, you idiot, watch your mouth." 

He snapped, seeing that Cairo managed to annoy him, Cairo chuckled, a little nervous, but didn't back down, "... Either way, about the girl, what does she look like? What are we looking for?" He asked finally, seeing Russ didn't plan on responding to his questions anytime soon.

"For your own good being, I'd suggest you tell me what she looks like, unless you wish me to contact mistress Natalia." Russ' blood ran cold, but he persisted, "It is not for you to know what my fiancé looks like." He scoffed, however tried to keep his cool, he would not let a mere peasant get under his skin and pull the truth out of him. The last thing he needed was to jeopardize the whole mission. His fellow companions, Alexander and Sergei, watched with caution, as they knew they'd have to jump in if Russ got out of control.

Russ took a deep breath, trying to regain his composure. He knew that his anger was misplaced, but he couldn't help feeling frustrated at Cairo's impudence. As a Capricorn, he was known for his cool and calculated nature, and he prided himself on being able to maintain his emotions even in the most challenging situations. But Cairo was a Taurus, and he seemed to relish in pushing Russ's buttons.

Cairo noticed Russ's discomfort, but he couldn't resist the urge to poke fun at him. "You know, lil chief, you could benefit from loosening up a bit. You're so uptight all the time," he said with a smirk. Russ raised an eyebrow, his patience wearing thin. "I am not uptight. I am focused on the task at hand," he replied, his tone clipped and businesslike.

Cairo chuckled. "Well, there's focused, and then there's obsessive. You should learn to enjoy life a little, you know?" he said, nudging Russ with his elbow. Russ stiffened, his irritation growing. "I do not have time for frivolity," he snapped.

Cairo rolled his eyes. "Frivolity? Who said anything about frivolity? I'm talking about simple pleasures, like a good meal or a warm bed. You can't work all the time, lil chief," he said, his tone teasing.

Russ's cheeks flushed with embarrassment. He knew that Cairo was right, but he couldn't help feeling defensive. "I am not just working for myself. I am working for my mother and for the Soviet Union," he said, his voice strained.

Cairo raised his hands in surrender. "Hey, I get it. You're a man on a mission. But don't forget to live a little along the way," he said, a hint of sincerity in his voice.

Russ didn't respond, but he couldn't shake the feeling that Cairo had a point. He was so focused on his duties as a future leader that he sometimes forgot to take care of himself. As they rode on through the snowy landscape, he tried to relax and enjoy the moment, despite Cairo's persistent needling.

Meanwhile, Sergei and Alexander watched the interaction between the two with amusement. They knew that Cairo was a cheeky bastard, but they also knew that Russ was more than capable of holding his own. 

Russ couldn't help but feel curious about Cairo. Despite the other man's irritating mannerisms, there was something about him that intrigued Russ. As they rode together through the snow, Russ finally broke the silence. "So, Cairo, tell me a little about yourself," he said, his tone more even than before.