Chapter 39 | The Journey

Me and Aaron sit beside Maggie. I was rubbing her shoulder.

"You want your water?" I ask Maggie but before she can answer I stand up "I'll get you some."

I go to the front where Abraham and Sasha are in the front seats and Carl is standing there talking to them. I didn't really want to talk to him after what I said. He's mad about it. I can tell.

He was standing beside my bag that Enid gave me.

"Hey y/n, How's Maggie?" Sasha asked making my presence known. Abraham keeps his eyes on the road and Carl avoids looking at me.

I look at her and send a sad smile "She's been better. I hope she starts to feel better."

Abraham coughs "Listen here girl," I brace myself for whatever he is about to lecture me on "Hilltop has really good medicines and doctors so they'll sort your sister out well. She'll be back to herself before you know it."

I did not expect Abraham to be so nice. 

Carl is still standing in front of my bag so I ask him "Carl, your in front of my bag, can you move please so I can get it?"

Carl moves to the side and I kneel down and get my bag then stand up.

Carl doesn't reply to me he just looks away.

"What you two in a little lovers quarrel or something?" Abraham asks as I take a water out and place the bag down back beside Carl.

"Abraham!" Sasha told Abraham off before turning to us two "Ignore him, he's just grouchy that he has to drive."

"Sasha I told you-."

Up ahead there was three cars parked in the middle of the road and a group of people surrounding them, all with guns in their hands.

"Well guess they know the route we are taking." I say as Abraham shouts for Rick.

Rick goes past me looking out of the front windscreen at the people he then walks back. I stare at him as he picks up his gun and walks out the RV.

We all follow - besides Maggie. Me with a hand on my gun.

It was quiet only the sounds of birds and it was just us on one side of the road and them on the other.

Rick holds his hands up in surrender.

"He's someone who was with a whole lot of someone's who didn't listen." The man at the front of the other side says.

"We can make a deal right here, right now." Rick tells him.

"That's right. We can. Give us all your stuff. We'll probably have to kill one of you. That's just the way it is, but then we can start moving forward on business. All you have to do is listen." The man spoke. He had the biggest grin on his face, he was enjoying every second of this.

A tight grip was still held on my gun.

"Yeah.. that deals not gonna work for us. Fact is, I was about to ask for all of your stuff, only I'm thinking I don't have to kill any of you. Any more of you." Rick shouted back. Once he finished they stayed silent.

Before another man with ginger hair and ragged clothes started shaking a can. He bent down towards a persons dead body that was laying infront and started writing something.