Chapter 42 | Aftermath

A/n what are our thoughts on Carls death? Want him to die? Want y/n to die? Want him to live? Where should I go with it?

Breathing heavily I closed my eyes trying to get the image of Glenn away and the cries he made to stop ringing in my ears.

Ultimately I ended up staring at the ground which wasn't a great alternative as Abrahams blood was spotted around in a huge clot.

Maggie stands up from beside me struggling.

Turning to I stand up with her holding onto her arm "Maggie."

Rick sees this and repeats "Maggie. You gotta sit down."

I hold onto her arm helping her stand up she brushes my hand off her "no."

She looks at me and shakes her hand and walks ahead "I need to go get ready."

"For what?" Rick asks her.

"To fight them." She adds she was a breathing mess.

"They have Daryl. They have an army. We would die, all of us." Rick added as Maggie just breathed.

I attempted to comfort her by rubbing her shoulder but she pushed me off again "Go home y/n," she turned to look at Rick "Take everybody home including y/n and I can go to hilltop myself."

"Maggie I'm coming with you." I say attempting to comfort her again she shakes her head and puts her hands out to stop me from coming close.

"No you are going home. To be safe. I need to go. You were out... out here for me." Maggie says looking away from me and at the floor.

"Maggie. I'll take you and we will make it there and help you." I comfort her trying to give her a hug but she shoves me back hard. So hard that I fall to the floor.

She stands above me sobbing "I can't have you out here y/n. I need you to go back. I need all of you to go back."

Everyone watches this in silence I stand up again and send her a sad look.

Sasha walks beside her and says "I'll take her. Y/n you go back to Alexandria. I promise I'll get her there and I'll keep her safe."

I just stare at Sasha. I can't leave Maggie, I just can't.

Maggie sobs and Sasha looks at her this time "I'm not giving you a choice. I'm taking him with me."

Maggies bends down and sobs to Glenn's body. I crouch with her and turn to face her.

I hold my arms out and now she embraces them squeezing me hard. We stay like that for a moment her sobbing into my shoulder. I sob too and she clutches onto me.

We both don't say anything but we were crying loudly. Aaron crouches down beside us placing a hand on Maggie's shoulder.

Maggie doesn't let go of me. She holds on for dear life, letting all her emotions out I rub her back and cry with her.

"I need to do this, please." She says as Aaron whispers beside us "We need to help you."

Maggie stops hugging me and Rick and Carl crouch with me us as well.

"Please let us. He's our family, too." Rick says as Maggie sobs and stands up as Carl engulfed her into a hug.

Rick looks at me and nods. I nod back as him, Aaron, Michonne and Carl pick up his body.

They start to walk off with it.

Maggie turns to me again her body shaking and crying. I stand up and pull her into me again.