Chapter 2

Pandora Reef
Metkayina Clan

Tsireya said her goodbyes to the Omatikaya, giving them time to settle in. She bounced along the docks back to her mauri when she heard her brother and his friend's hushed whispers. "Did you see their fingers? They're all freaks."

"They will never be one of us; it's an embarrassment to be seen with them."

"How do you think I feel? I have to train them." Ao'nung spoke. Tsireya shook her head at their words as she walked to her home. She entered her tent, kissing her mother on the forehead. "Did you show the outsiders their mauris? "Ronal questioned, eyeing her daughter.

"Yes, mother and carried some of the items too," she replied.

Ronal nodded, going back to her making healing antidotes and creams. As Tsahik, it was Ronal's job to ensure the clan was healthy and one injured received the correct medication immediately.

"Daughter, do you mind collecting some more herbs from the garden? I do not wish to run out after the hunting party return," Ronal asked, rubbing her pregnant belly.

"Of course, mother" Tsireya quickly grabbed a basket she had recently made, kissing her mother on the cheek. She walked along the beach, the sand digging into her toes as she walked toward the medicinal garden in the forest. The sound of an exasperated sigh caught her attention; she stood at the outskirts of the forest, turning to the furthest mauri as a very stressed tsu'tey exited. She could see the conflicted look on his face as he pinched the bridge of his nose. Tsireya pondered if she should invite him along with her. Even though she had just met them, she was dying to get to know the Omatikaya.

Tsireya bounced on the heels of her feet, weighing her options. "Tsu'tey!"

The forest na'vi whipped his head around, looking for where his name came from. His golden eyes landed on her ocean eyes. A smile formed o his face as he jumped off the dock running to where the Metkayina girl was waiting.

"Hey", he breathed, putting his hands on his waist. Tsireya rocked on the balls of her heels nervously.

"Hi"

Tsu'tey awkwardly scratched his neck. "Um, what are you doing out here?".

"Mother sent me to collect some more healing herbs before the hunting party returns", she motioned down the empty basket she was holding, causing Tsu'tey to let out a breathy laugh. "I also wanted to ask if you wanted to accompany me?" Tsireya looked to her feet, realising how stupid it was of her to ask. He would rather spend time with his family than with a girl he's just met.

"You want me to come with you?" he stuttered. The Princess quickly saw his panicked face and shook her head.

"I'm sorry. It was inconsiderate of me to ask you should spend time with your family" She turned round to walk into the forest, but Tsu'tey ran around her, so he was in front of her again.

Tsu'tey puts his hands out, stopping Tsireya from walking away. "No, no, I want to join you. I was just surprised, that's all".

Tsireya stared into his golden eyes. She noticed the small swirls of green circling his golden eyes. She could get lost staring into the abyss of his eyes.

"I'd love to join you, Tsireya" her name sounded like a sweet melody when he spoke. Tsireya smiled at the Omatikaya dragging him into the forest. Tsu'tey stared at the forest floor with every step the pair took; the floor lit up with the pressure of their steps. Tsireya looked back at the boy with a smile as he looked around the Metkayina forest in awe. Tsireya slowed down as they approached the herb garden. Her smile never faltered as she bent down to pick the correct plants.

Tsu'tey tilted his head, looking at a separate garden hidden by bushes and leaves. "What's that patch there?" he wondered, stepping closer. Tsireya paid the patch a slight glance.

"That is Ao'nung's special plantation", she replied lowly. Tsu'tey's ears pricked at her words, his interest only growing.

"Special plantation, you mean like..."

"Yes, that is exactly what I mean; I grow and harvest them for special occasions", she replied, gently placing herbs into her basket.

Tsu'tey smirked at the Metkayina princess. "You're full of surprises, Tsireya. What else are you hiding under that good girl façade?"

Tsireya's azure eyes widened "this is no facade as you call it, Tsu." she denied standing up, ignoring his pointed look.

"I don't believe you, Princess" that nickname sounded so foreign to Tsireya, but when he said it ignited a tingly sensation in her stomach. "I'm going to take that mask off one day."

Tsireya turned round. "I have nothing to hide, forest boy".

We'll see about that, Princess.