Chapter 13

Pandora reef

Metkayina clan

Tsu'tey dragged Tsireya behind her mauri. He held his finger to his lips as he peered around the corner. The moon was high in the sky, and the pair were late, well past their curfew.

"It's clear", he signed to the metkayina princess.

"Are you sure?" she responded with a concerned look; she hoped her brother would cover for her. Tsu'tey nodded, checking one last time before taking her hand. A loud cough froze them in their tracks. The two na'vi slowly looked behind them to see Tsireya's parents, Tsu'teys father and Neytiri. Shit.

Tonowari ushed them inside his mauri; their parents disapprovingly stood in front of their children. Tsireya's ears flopped to the side of her head in shame. She hated disappointing her parents.

"Tsireya", the girl looked sadly at her father. "Where were you." Ronal stepped forward, circling the teenagers. She roughly held Tsu'tey's queue, inspecting the pink tendrils. The Tsahik pulled a small dagger from her chest, pricking her daughter's chest, earning a wince from her.

"We went into the forest by the waterfall", she spoke, trying not to be intimated by her father.

"Do you not remember what happened last time you went that far? You almost died", Tonowari hissed, staring into his daughter's teary eyes.

Tsu'tey saw the upset look on her face; he saw Neytiri shake his head at him. "Sir, this was not Tsireya's fault; I took her into the forest", Tsu'tey lied through his teeth, keeping a strong posture to protect the girl. Tsireya tried to argue, but her mother raised her hand to keep her quiet.

Ronal placed the blood on her lips as she communicated with Tonowari with her eyes. It was their secret way of communicating. Neytiri rubbed Freddie's arm comfortingly as they stared at their kids.

"They did not mate", Ronal announced, making Freddie sigh with relief; he pinched the bridge of his nose before looking back at his son.

"What were you thinking, boy" Freddie seethed, grabbing his son's arm.

Tsu'tey's ears dipped at his father's stern voice. "I'm sorry, Sir."

"That's not going to cut it this time. Let's go," Neytiri apologised to the chief and Tsahik as they left the hut to return to their own.

"Tsu'tey, I would expect this from Lo'ak, but you?" Neytiri said, shaking her head.

"With all due respect, Mrs Sully, but Tsireya was upset after the incident at the spirit tree, and I only wanted to make her happy". At the sound of the commotion, Neteyam appeared behind his mother, but none of the adults noticed the eldest sully boy. Tsu'tey looked up, making eye contact with his best friend, but his attention was pulled when his father began shouting again.

"Were you at least safe?"

"Dad!" Tsu'tey cringed, pushing those thoughts out of his head

"I can't be having grandchildren running around."

"No, Dad, please stop; we didn't do anything like that" Tsu'tey couldn't believe he was having this conversation right now. If only they knew what Li'teya was doing right now.

Neteyam glanced at his best friend as he was being told off. He made sure to stand behind Tsu'tey's father and Neytiri, so he wasn't seen. He signed to Tsu'tey, "So your balls finally dropped". Tsu'tey stifled a laugh earning a look from his father.

"You think this is funny?" Freddie boomed

Tsu'tey glanced at Neteyam. "It's kind of funny."