Chapter 19

Pandora reef

Metkayina clan

"Li'teya" Tsu'tey screamed as Quaritch swiped his dagger across his baby sister's stomach. Blood immediately began to seep through her skin forcing her to the floor. The demon shoved her away like she was nothing. Like she wasn't a living creature with a family and life. She was just a distraction. A mere bump in his mission. Tsu'tey tripped over his own feet running towards his sister her stomach was bleeding profusely. His mind was spinning, his mind flashing back to Kanu. The same place, with so much blood. He couldn't lose his baby sister. She was all he had left.

Neteyam helped his best friend drag the girl behind some rubble.

"Neteyam put pressure on it now" Tsu'tey ordered. Neteyam shot his best friend a worried look, he didn't know where to put his hands. The gash was too big for his hands to cover.

"Tsu'tey" Teya whispered in pain, her eyes squinting as her back arched as Neteyam pressed his hands harder on her stomach.

Tsu'tey sat by her head holding her hand "Hey Teya , it's okay , you're okay" he said soothingly trying to reassure her but he only trying to reassure himself. She shook her head weakly, her breath was ragged and slowing every second. Her eyes softly looked at Neteyam, her arm signalling his attention. The eldest sully knew this was goodbye "I told you id do anything for your family" Her voice was coarse but soft at the same time.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you or Lo'ak" he cried

Teya smiled at her the boy who had put up with her shit all her life. The boy who always took the fall for her and Lo'ak's antics. The boy who always made sure she understood a move during training. The boy who loved her like a sister.

"You did protect me. I feel safe with you" That made Neteyam cry harder, all his life he's been the protector and Teya knew that. He did protect her, he just couldn't protect her from herself. Her eyes drifted back to her brother who shook his head at her tired eyes.

"Please don't leave Te. You can't leave me. You're my little sister".

Her fingers wrapped around his in a final attempt to comfort him, she blinked as more tears fell down her blue cheeks. "It's okay" she whispered, "I don't feel it anymore. It doesn't hurt".

Teya scrunched her eyes up, her arm went limp in Tsu'teys hand and her breaths were just keeping her alive "I want to go home".

"Please don't go, Teya. I'm sorry," he wailed in agony. Her arm dropped from his face, and her pupils expanded, leaving them almost lifeless. Her eyes drained of colour as she stared at the sky. Tsu'tey leaned forward holding his baby sister close to his chest his tears dropping onto her blood-stained skin. Even though her eyes were unresponsive, her chest still slowly moved up and down. Tsu'tey wasn't going to give up on her now.

The ship suddenly jerked to the side, throwing the kids off balance. The boat was sinking, and it was sinking fast.

"Go to your parents now", Tsu'tey instructed.

"I'm not leaving you here", Neteyam argued. He had lost too much today to lose anymore.

"Im going to take Teya away from here; you need to be with your parents before Quaritch finds us." Neteyam knew he was right but leaving the Evans siblings felt so wrong.

Neteyam hesitantly stood up, watching Teya's chest rise up and down extremely slowly. "Nete, if you see my father, tell him what happened, please" The Sully boy nodded at the request.

"Be careful", Neteyam pleaded, grabbing his sisters.

Tsu'tey nodded, calling his ilu. Tsu'tey rode over to the rock where Tsireya was protecting Lo'ak.

Tsireya still had Lo'ak's head in her lap as she quietly hummed a lullaby her mother taught her. She had tried to clean up the blood covering his chest but it was useless, there was too much of it. Her legs were soaked in his blood but she didn't care. At the sound of an ilu clicking she grabbed Lo'aks dagger holding it defensively in front of her as the person approached. She wasn't ready to fight because she knew she'd lose. Her eyes widened when the person's silhouette was clearer. Tsu'tey climbed onto the rock holding an almost lifeless Teya in his arms. She dropped the knife running over helping the boy place her down next to Lo'ak.

"Is she...?" Tsireya asked tears collecting on her lashes

"She still here but barely" he responded his eyes never leaving his sister.

Tsireya let out a shaky breath covering her face with her hands. Never in her wildest dreams did she think she'd been stranded on three brothers' rock with two of her best friends dead and her boyfriend? Well, kinda boyfriend, friends with benefits. She didn't know.

They awkwardly stood next to each other, neither of them knew what to say. What could be said?

Tsireya glanced over at Tsu'tey, her heart breaking at the sight of him. His nose was broken and there was a streak of dried blood running from the top of his head. The boy felt her stares but didn't move, it was the most attention he'd received from her in hours.

She leaned her head on his shoulder in exhaustion, he tensed at the contact but slowly put his arm around her holding her close to his chest. Tsireya breathed in his scent, something that felt so familiar and like home. But it wasn't enough for her she turned fully towards him placing her hand on his cheeks softly.

"Don't cry Tiyawn" he whispered placing his hand over hers.

Tsireya shook her head a more tears fell down her cheeks "I thought I lost you".

"I thought that's what you wanted"

She choked on her quiet sobs "I don't know what id do if that was the last thing I said to you".

"No I deserved it, I deserve this" he motioned to his bruised-up face.

"no no," she said firmly forcing him to look at her "I see you"

"I see you"

—————————————————————————

a/n

yay they made up as his sister is literally dying 

anyway we're at the home stretch now only a few more chapters to go

I see you

-S