Chapter 4

Pandora Reef 

Metkayina Reef

Tsu'tey rolled out of bed, walking towards Li'teya's share of the mauri. He peeled back the flimsy fabric, expecting to see his sister asleep, but her bed was empty, to no surprise.

"Fuck sake, Liteya," he mumbled in Russian; he heard the distant snores from his father's room, allowing him to sneak out of the mauri to search for his sister. The moonlight shone brightly onto the sea, illuminating the ocean's bioluminescence. The spots on his skin emitted a light glow as he approached the training grounds. He heard tired grunts and the faint sounds of punching on the practice dummies.

When will this skwang learn she needs to sleep?

Tsu'tey rounded the corner, facing the back of a female Navi, throwing weak and uncalculated punches towards the dummy. Their stance was off, and so was their posture. The more Tsu'tey stared at the Na'vi, the more features he noticed. Their skin was light teal, their tail was thick, and so were their forearms. This wasn't Li'teya.

"Tsireya?"

The Metkayina princess squeaked, whipping around at the sound of her voice. Her breath picked up but slowly decreased when she saw the intruder.

"Tsu'tey? What are you doing here?" She questioned, pulling her wavy hair out of the ponytail.

Tsu'tey took in her form. She wore a very revealing top that left little to the imagination; she wore a pair of shorts made from the same material as her usual loincloth. He couldn't deny how beautiful she looked. "I, um, was looking for Li'teya and thought she would be here," he replied, his eyes darting up and down her body.

"She was here a while ago before she ran off to that cove with Lo'ak", Tsireya pointed at the small cove a few clicks away.

The Omatikaya boy let out a frustrated sigh; he knew his father would give him an earful for letting Li'teya sneak out, especially with Lo'ak. Being the older sibling was exhausting.

"You're doing it wrong," he commented, shifting the conversation away from his rebellious sister.

Tsireya dropped her arms in defeat. "I was never taught how to fight, and I find it unpure and not right," she replied, tightening the cloth around her knuckles.

"So why start now?"

Tsireya bit her bottom lip. "Your sister. She is exactly what my father wants in a daughter, and I cannot satisfy him. Your father must be proud of Li'teya."

Tsu'tey lowered his head at Tsireya's words. She was right. His father should be proud of Li'teya, but for some ungodly reason, he wasn't. He couldn't go one conversation without pointing out her flaws or mentioning how she greatly disappointed him.

"Not being a warrior should not bring shame upon you, Tsireya," he said, stepping towards her and asking if he could fix the cloth around her knuckles. The girl nodded as his large fingers unwrapped the cloth from her dainty hands.

"Unfortunately, it does. As the Chief's daughter, it was expected of me". Goosebumps erupted along her skin as his fingers graced her teal skin. "I could teach you." Tsu'tey offered while tucking the extra piece of fabric in between the creases.

"Teach me? You'd do that for?" Her blue doe eyes stared up at his, a hint of innocence behind them.

"Of course, I would. You are teaching me, so why can't I teach you?"

"You are very kind, Tsu'tey." Her soft voice rippled in his ears.

A light blush adored his blue cheeks. "You're making me blush, Princess," he tried to joke to hide his blush, but Tsireya could easily see his rosy cheeks.