Chapter 11

Pandora Reef

Metkayina Clan

The world went by so fast it was like a blur. The kids ran off their ilus screaming for help; Jake picked up Kiri, placing her his mauri away from prying eyes. They weren't allowed inside to give the girl room, so they spread across the beach in their normal pairs. Neteyam and Ao'nung were leaning against the hut passing hushed whispers; Rotxo took Tuk to the beach to play with her toys, and Li'teya sat alone on the beach. Tsu'tey realised she must have seen something as terrible as his. Which left him and Tsireya huddled up on the docks. He held her close to his chest while rubbing circles on her back. His eyes were trained on the horizon, the memories of Kani fresh in his mind.

"What are you thinking about" Tsireyas sweet voice sent a shiver down his spine. He blinked a few times, looking down at the girl curled in his embrace. He was a war with his thoughts. He needed to tell her about Kanu, but how would she react?

"Um, I saw something at the spirit tree, um", he took a deep breath. "before I came here, there was this girl in the forest who I was in love with", he whispered, avoiding her gaze.

"Kanu", she stated

His eyes furrowed in confusion. "Um yea, how did you ..."

"Neteyam mentioned her once; I didn't want to pry" She pulled her hands into her lap nervously, meddling with her fingers. "What happened?".

"Kanu came from of the less respected families of the clan, so my father forbade me from seeing her" Tsireya nodded, allowing him to continue. "I disobeyed him and kept seeing her. One night we agreed to meet in a deep forest so we wouldn't be found". A single tear fell down his cheek; he didn't bother wiping it away. "Sky people found her, and they killed her."

Tsireya gasped, covering her mouth. "Oh, Eywa."

"They shot her in the stomach, I tried to stop the bleeding, but I couldn't save her" His shoulder shook with his quiet sobs. Tsireya immediately wrapped her arms around his neck, bringing the boy to her chest. He cried softly in her chest. "It's okay, you're okay", she whispered.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you before," he mumbled into her shoulder

She pulled back, wiping his tears with her thumb. "Why didn't you."

"I can't lose you, Tsireya. I told myself id never love someone as much as I did her, but then I found you."

"I'm not going anywhere, Tsu'tey" The boy nodded, glancing over to his sister, who gave him an Are you okay look. Tsu'tey shrugged, wiping his face off any emotion in case his father saw.

———————————————————————————

Tsu'tey, Neteyam and Li'teya stood on the beach with Jake as Norm and Max landed their helicopter. The sand brushed up the beach in a large wave, so the teens covered their eyes. Jake patted Neteyam on the shoulder. "Keep everyone back", he instructed. The three teenagers ushed everyone back into their mauris, especially their siblings. Norm gave the kids a little nod before he set up his gear around Kiri in the Sully tent.

Li'teya noticed her brother's disassociated expression. She lightly touched his shoulder. "Brother, are you alright?".

He kept the same expressionless face. "I saw her, Te."

"Saw who?"

"Kanu. She was right in front of me."

"Oh, Tsu'tey." Li'teya was one of the only na'vi to comfort her brother after her death. She'd hold him while he slept so he wouldn't have nightmares, she'd take his place in the hunting party so she could recover, and they had a small funeral since her father forbade him from going to her reunion with Eywa. She hadn't seen her brother so comfortable with any girl since she, so her heart swelled to see how loving he was with Tsireya. "What exactly did you see".

"Her death. Like always, I got to meet her, and she's bleeding out" Tears threatened to fall again, but he blinked them away.

"Oh, Jesus", Teya mumbled.

"I thought we weren't saying that anymore?" he joked, trying to relieve the tension.

"It's becoming a bit of a habit." Teya smiled at her brother, giving him a reassuring pat " You should reassure Tsireya that she's not a rebound. That girl deserves the world", she mentioned before walking back to Lo'ak, who looked like a lost ilu without her.

Tsu'tey swallowed her words, immediately searching for the girl. He saw her with Ao'nung, who was talking with the girl giving her a concerned look.

"Tey", Tsu'tey whisper shouted. Neteyam looked from side to side, pointing at his chest. "Me", he mouthed.

"Yes, you. come here"

Neteyam waddled over to his best friend rubbing his neck. "What's up".

"I need you to distract Ao'nung" Neteyam glanced over his shoulder, an, sure enough, Ao'nung was talking to his little sister.

"Are your balls finally dropping" Neteyam joked

"Just get him away" Tsu'tey pushed the boy towards Ao'nung; Neteyam tripped but quickly regained his footing shoving his middle finger in the air. The two boys spoke for a second before Neteyam led Ao'nung away. Neteyam looked over his shoulder, mouthing, "You owe me". Tsu'tey snickered, running up to the Metkayina Princess.

"Hey"

"Hi", she smiled sweetly. "Are you okay" she placed her teal hand on his arm.

Tsu'tey nodded, ignoring the pang in his heart. "Do you want to go somewhere, away from all this?"

"I know the perfect place; follow me".

———————————————————————————

a/n

I might update again tonight cuz this story is literally taking over my life and I am not complaining. 

Soooo they are going to a secret spot. I wonder what events may occur???

Please dont ghostread

I see you 

-S