Chapter 12

Pandora Reef

Metkayina clan 

Happiness is simple. Like running through the woods with the girl you've had a crush on the second, you saw her. Tsireya looked back at Tsu'tey with a large smile as she dragged him into the Metkayina forest. He kept tripping over branches and roots to keep up with her, but his smile never faltered. His mind was so clouded with destructive thoughts but when he was with her, and the only thing he could think of was her.

"Hurry up, slowpoke", Tsireya joked, letting go of his hand

"Slowpoke, huh" Tsu'tey put his hands on his waist, out of breath. "Don't think I could catch you?"

Tsireya bit her bottom lip, shaking her head teasingly. "Nope."

"Then you better start running", he mumbled darkly. Tsireya immediately began running away from the Omatikaya boy, seriously underestimating him. Tsireya ran as fast as her little feet could take her; sure, she knew the forest better than him, but he had an advantage. Tsireya slowed her heart rate, calculating her breaths to be as quiet as possible; she dived over roots, occasionally changing direction to throw him off. Tsireya crouched down behind a tree, trying to catch her breath. Her ears twitched, trying to locate the Omatikaya, but she could hear the bird's calls or the rustling of leaves. Her heart rate spiked when she heard a large branch snap, so she took off in another sprint through the forest. Tsireya looked behind to expect to see him, but only the trees stood. She sighed in relief; a small giggle left her throat when she thought she had beaten him. How wrong she was.

She turned to start running when two strong wrapped around her small waist earning a startled scream from the girl. The na'vi placed their hand over her mouth, silencing her scream. They bent down to her ear, their breath fanning across her cheek. "Caught you".

Tsireya let out a sigh relaxing in his strong grip. She rolled her head back onto his shoulders. "You scared me, skxwang," she said, but it was muffled by his hand.

"And you thought I wouldn't catch you" He smirked, dropping his hand from her mouth, but his other arm was still firmly wrapped around her waist.

"I guess I underestimated you."

Tsu'tey chuckled darkly behind her. "You have no idea Tiyawn." Tsireya's legs almost buckled at the nickname. "So, where is this perfect spot?"

Tsireya tried to collect her breath and push the butterflies in her stomach away. "Come", she beckoned. The two walked in comfortable silence until Tsireya pushed a few leaves out of the way to reveal a gushing waterfall. The nature around them gave off enough light to light the whole clearing , leaving an ambience of pinks and blues. Tsu'tey stood at the entrance. A wave of deja vu overcame him as he stared at an almost identical scene to the forest.

"I thought id bring you somewhere that reminds you of home." she meddled with her fingers when she saw his emotionless face. "We can find somewhere else if you want ..." Tsireya was cut off by Tsu'tey grabbing her cheeks. She looked into his golden eyes, trying to figure out what he was thinking.

"It's perfect, Tsireya. You're perfect." a deep blush flushed across her face, she tried to look away, but his hands forced her to look at him.

"Tsu'tey..." her soft voice made his stomach knot

"You don't have to say anything" His hands dropped from her face, and he walked back from her rubbing his hand down his face.

"No, Tsu'tey... I see you," she whispered. When he didn't move, she thought he hadn't heard her. She lowered her head, her ground looking particularly interesting at that point, but she was forced to look at those golden eyes again.

"You can't see me, Tsireya; you are too pure for me."

She scoffed, stepping back from him. "You can't tell me that! she raised her voice at him, something she rarely did.

"I'll hurt you; it's my fault that Kanu died. I can't lose you too."

"Then let me in; I'm not going anywhere," she said with her signature soft voice.

"I can't!"

"Why not?"

"Because you don't deserve me!"

Tsireya opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out. Her shoulders were moving up and down with her deep breaths. She wasn't going to give up on them so easily. "I see you", she repeated.

"Fuck it", he muttered.

"What are you ..." she cut off once again by his lips crashing onto hers. Tsireya grabs his wrists, trying to hold onto anything; her lips are soft and gentle against his coarse ones. Her lips tasted of ocean and soursop fruit, making the boy crave her. Right there, he decided soursops were his favourite fruit.

Her breath was laboured, but she refused to let go of the boy. His grip was firm on her cheeks, never wanting this moment to end.

Eventually, they pulled apart, their lungs gasping for air. His hands lowered from her face intertwining their fingers. "I see you", she repeated for the third time. "You can push me away and avoid me, but I'll always be there for you. Please don't push me away."

"But Tsireya ...

"No buts, you have flirted with me since the moment you got here; you can not stop now."

"I see you, Tsireya." Tsireya beamed brightly, resting her forehead against his.

"I never thought I'd fall for a forest boy". 

———————————————————————————

A/N 

AHHH I have no words. I really hope I did you guys justice with this chapter. 

This book has like less than 20 chapters left so let me know what you wanna see

please dont ghostread

I see you 

-S