Chapter 15

Pandora Reef

Metkayina Clan

Even though Tsu'tey was one of the eldest of the teenagers he never could hold his alcohol. His head was pounding as his eyes slowly fluttered open. He looked around his surroundings realizing he fell asleep on the beach next to the burn-out fire. Teya sat in between Lo'aks legs while he whispered in her ear making her giggle, Neteyam was trying to restart the fire as Ao'nung brought a basket of fish and fruit for breakfast. He flopped back down to the sand trying to savour as much sleep as possible until he felt an arm tighten around his waist. His eyes travelled down the teal arm smiling to himself thinking it was Tsireya. Wait. Tsireya was with Kiri so who was ...

Regretfully the Omatikaya boy turned to see who was squeezing all the air out of his lungs. Sleeping peacefully with a dribble of drool running down his chin was Rotxo.

"Ugh Jesus, get off me" Tsu'tey tried to wiggle out of his friend's grip but it only ended in him being held tighter. "How are you so strong, you're tiny". At that moment the metkayina boy dangled his tail over Tsu'tey's legs fully trapping him in his embrace making the boy huff loudly. "Tsireya!".

The princess lifted her head up from Kiri's lap looking over to Tsu'tey trapped underneath Rotxo. She pressed her hand to her mouth to suppress her giggles but he could hear her snickering. He signalled with his eyes for her to come up which she did but Tsireya had to hold her stomach from laughter.

"Aww look how cute you look, you two make a cute couple" she teased bending down and squeezing his blue cheeks.

"Get him off me"

Tsireya put her hands on her hips "Say please"

"What?"

"Say please"

"No"

Tsireya pouted teasingly "Fine, enjoy your snuggle time with Roxxy" She started to walk away her hips swaying with every step.

"Wait, please help me" he begged, his voice just above a whisper

"That's all I wanted to hear honey" she said pushing Rotxo off the boy to which he snuggled into himself too fast asleep.

"How are you so full of energy, I feel like death" he mumbled resting on his elbows.

———————————————————————————

Tsireya knew it was wrong to watch such an intimate moment between Lo'ak and Payakan but Li'teya had insisted on showing everyone that Payakan was not the killer they thought he was.

"We not should be here," Neteyam said shaking his said looking between his brother and the tulken. The group of friends not so stealthily hid behind some seaweed watching the Omtikaya boy.

Teya sighed "Lo'ak wanted to show you he isn't a killer" her fingers scratching across her already raw knuckles - a nervous tick she's had all her life which Tsu'tey immediately noticed.

"And how do you know he isn't," Tsu'tey asked sending a pointed glare to his sister making her shrink under his gaze.

"I've already met him and he isn't what you say. He is kind and understands how Lo'ak feels".

Tsireay nodded her head agreeing with her best friend. The princess always saw the good in people no matter what. Everyone deserved to prove themselves. The teenagers turned back to the tulken just to watch Lo'ak willingly swim into his mouth, disappearing from their view.

Neteyam immediately began to swim forwards desperate to save his brother but ao'nung held him back "Ao'nung let me go that is my brother" he gritted out fighting his grip.