Epilogue

"Tsu'tey slows down," Tsireya panted as the boy dragged her through the forest as they had done so many times before. Her feet continuously tripped and jumped over roots and plants at his fast pace. Tsireya took several deep breaths. She was meant for water, not land. Eventually, the Omatikaya boy slowed, allowing the water princess to catch her breath.

"Are you alright there, princess?" he asked, smirking down at the girl, who was very clearly not alright. Her hair was stuck to her sweaty forehead, her chest was heaving up and down, and her face was dusted with a deep purple.

"I just ... need ... to ... catch my... breath," she breathed, holding her hand to her chest. "You run too fast, Skxwang."

"Maybe you run too slow," he challenged, gripping her small hand once more. He gently led her through some more foliage until the sounds of gushing water flooded her ears, making them twitch in anticipation.

"Are we...? Tsireya asked, but by the look on Tsu'tey's face, she already knew exactly where they were. The waterfall. The waterfall where they had their first kiss The waterfall where she finally unloaded all of her burdens onto him, and the waterfall where he hoped he could finally make her his

Tsireya breathed in the scent of the forest; her shoulders dropped in contempt as she walked further into the clearing, basking in the glow of eclipse. Her hands reached up to feel the neighbouring flowers that would look perfect for the new dress she was sewing or a cute present for Teya and Kiri.

Tsu'tey watched as she left his side, walking straight towards the flower bed. His heart ached at how gorgeous she looked; the moonlight hit her figure perfectly, making it look like she was glowing like an angel. She was an angel. His angel.

"You didn't bring me all the way out here for the flowers, did you?" She mused, her attention still glued to the beautiful Pandora wildlife.

Tsu'tey let out an awkward chuckle as he scratched the back of his neck. "Um, no, I didn't." Tsireya stood up again, making her way back to him and looking at him with her blue-doe eyes.

"Now that you are officially a hunter and Metkayina, you may honour our ways of being an adult," she said, rubbing small circles on the back of his hand to distract herself from the dangerous words she was saying.

"Oh"

"You may choose a mate and be honoured with your own mauri pod by my father and mother," she stated, her eyes searching for any reaction to her words. When she didn't find any, she turned from him, her hands instantly going back to feeling the different plants around them.

"Akira is the best seamstress."

Tsu'tey made a small hum. "I guess she is a good seamstress."

Tsireya looked up at some vines, collecting a few in her hands as her fingers traced the intricate pattern of them. "Zanya is the best healer."

"I don't want Zanya," he uttered. Tsireya finally turned to look at his amber eyes, his steps closing in on her. "You know I have already chosen, but she must also choose me," he whispered, placing his hand on her teal cheek that heated up from the contact.

Tsireya smiled bashfully and said, "She has chosen you". No more words were spoken as Tsu'tey leaned in, connecting their lips in a heated kiss. Nothing else mattered except them. They had finally chosen each other. After everything they had been through, it seemed like Eywa had refused to give up on them.

"Are you ready?" He asked her not moving until he got her full consent.

"Yes, Ma'Tsu'tey," she replied, holding her queue as their pink tendrils danced around each other like they were savouring every second.