Chapter 3

Pandora Reef
Metkayina Clan

Tsireya knocked on the frame of the Evan's home, making the family shoot their heads up in her direction. Tsireya looked down at the family's harsh state but quickly composed herself. "I apologise for interrupting Mr Evans, but it's time for our first lesson," she said softly, catching Tsu'tey's attention. Mr Evans nodded at his children, letting them leave. She watched their father grab Li'teya, whispering hurtful words in her face. She saw the girl's ear curve downward as her father's grip tightened until she nodded at his words. Li'teya brushed past Tsireya and Tsu'tey as the Omatikaya boy leaned against his doorframe, staring at the princess.

"Morning"

"Good morning, Tsu'tey. Did you rest well?" Her teal ears twitched slightly as she inquired.

Tsu'tey laughed at her response; Tsireya smiled at him, poking his chest. "What is so funny, forest boy?"

Tsu'tey shook his head slightly. "Must you be so formal all the time? We're friends, are we not?"

Friends

The word sent a disgusted shiver down her body, and the word sounded so foreign coming from his lips.

Tsu'tey noticed the slight falter in her eyes when he spoke. Maybe he misjudged their friendship. Maybe she saw him as a freak like the rest of them did. Maybe he put his trust in the girl too soon.

"Of course, we are friends, and I will do my best to work on that."

"See, you've done it again; just let loose," he replied.

Tsireya looked at her shuffling feet. "I do not know how to 'let loose".

"Well, Tsireya, whatever your last name is, I will make it my sworn duty to teach you the way of letting loose."

———————————————————————————

Tsireya swam on her back as she glided through the water with Ao'nung and Roxto. She smiled up at the Omatikaya, beckoning them to swim further into the coral reefs. Tsireya closed her eyes; the familiar feeling of home filled her soul as the sea wrapped around her body like a blanket on a cold day. Tsireya was knocked out of her own world when Rotxo nudged her arm, pointing to the surface. She watched as the Omatikaya bobbed above the water.

"What are they doing?" Ao'nung signed with an annoyed look on his face. He'd rather be anywhere but here.

Tsireya rolled her eyes. "They cannot breathe as long as we can, brother. They need time to adjust," she signed back.

"Bunch of babies", but Tsireya ignored her brother's complaints, looking up to the surface. She noticed Tsu'tey watching her, so she signed for him to follow her, but he shrugged, not understanding what she wanted. The Metkayina girl smiled, motioning with two fingers for them to follow. The Omatikaya tried their best to follow the trio, but it was useless. The forest na'vi swam back to the surface for oxygen, forcing the reef na'vi to join them.

"Are you alright?" Tsireya asked gently.

"You're too fast. Wait for us," the youngest said, swimming towards Li'teya, who happily picked her up.

"Just breathe", Tsireya soothed; she knew that being in the ocean for the first time must be daunting, unlike her brother, who just couldn't keep his mouth shut. "You are not good divers, maybe swinging through trees, but" Ao'nung count finishes his sentence as Tsireya's hand hits the back of his head.

Tsu'tey smiled at the princess, thankful she was sticking up for his family.

"Come on, bro, we don't understand this finger talk", Lo'ak wined, pretending to sign.