Chapter 18

Pandora reef

Metkayina clan

Tsireya darted through the water on her ilu until she spotted three dark blue na'vi and a human boy bobbing above the sea narrowly avoiding the humans. She raced towards them stopping her ilu in front of Teya and the human boy. "Get on" she stressed gesturing to her ilu.

"I am shot," a pained voice said behind the girls. Teya whipped around swimming towards them as the beautiful sea turned a deep red. Her home being tainted by her friend's life.

"Oh shit" the human boy exclaimed helping Teya bring the boy closer to the ilu. Teya lugged the boy onto the ilu sitting in front of him as Tsireya controlled the ilu" Go go go go!"

Tsireya wasted no time swimming towards the three brothers' rock before  the group were grabbing him and dragging his dying body onto the jagged rock. Jake raced next to his son forcing Teya to hold pressure on the wound.

"Oh, Lo'ak" Teya cried as blood spilt from his chest coating her hands. Jake lifted his youngest's son checking his back. There was an exit wound. No matter how much pressure they placed on his chest the blood was only going to flow out of his back. There was no saving him.

Tsireya sat by his legs holding onto his stomach just like she did when she was teaching them to breathe. It was ironic how she was holding in the same place that would  take his last breath.

"I see you" Lo'ak whispered to Teya his hand resting lazily on her cheek. Her head shook from side to side refusing to let the boy she loved die. Neytiri dived off her Ikran sitting in front of Tsireya muttering short prayers to Eywa but just like Ronal had said she had turned their backs on them as Lo'ak took his last breath. Tsireya felt the last gasp leave his body when his stomach stopped moving. Tears streamed down her face hiding her face in her shoulder. She had no one to comfort her. Neytiri had Jake, The human boy had Freddie and Neteyam had Teya. She was surrounded by her found family but she was alone.

"Neteyam" Jake mumbled darkly

Neteyam slowly looked up at his father, tears blurred his vision. Neteyam 's breaths were short and irregular, his baby brother is dead. As the older brother it was his job to protect his siblings and he failed. His brother is dead and his sisters are still trapped. He failed.

"Where are your sisters?" it felt like he spitting venom as he stared at his son and Li'teya who silently sobbing her hands still clasped around Lo'aks limp one.

Tsireya saw the panic on their faces when they realised their sisters weren't among them. Li'teya's ears folded to her head making her seem small compared to her father and Jake

"They are on the ship" Tsireya intervented knowing Teya couldn't take an interrogation right now,

The human boy nodded at Tsireya's words "They're at the moon pool" Jake turned to him shaking his head.

"What?"

The boy stumbled to his feet reaching for Jake's forearm "I'll show you". Jake stood up reaching for his mate.

Tsireya blocked out Neytiris's cries or Li'teya's sobs she just stared at his Lo'aks still chest. How was someone so full of life and eager to learn about the sea taken so viciously? Lo'ak had just bonded with his spirit brother to be ripped from him so soon.

"Tsireya" Neteyam spoke softly couching in front of her. Tsireya looked up at her friend with teary eyes.

"Stay with him" he whispered placing a gentle kiss on her forehead

"No" she cried but he had already dived into the ocean leaving Tsireya alone with Lo'ak. She crawled up to his head placing it in her lap. Her fingers stroked through his hair thinking it provide him with some comfort.

"You know" Tsireya started "When you first got here I thought you were really cute". More tears pricked in her eyes as she thought back to when they arrived here. "I had just walked out of the sea and you immediately caught my attention with your voice".

Tsireya looked down at his peaceful face, not expecting a response but praying that he would sit up and everything would be over.

"I am so sorry this happened to you Lo'ak. You did not deserve this. I'll be there for Teya because I know you'd do the same for me". Tsireya looked towards the ship. A ring of fire erupted around it making her gasp. She never should have said such cruel things to Tsu'tey. She loved him and she may never be able to tell him.

—————————————————————————

Tsu'tey pulled on his restraints trapping him to the ship railing his breath was laboured from the cuts and bruises littering his skin. Tuk hid behind her father's frame as Quaritch held a knife to Kiri's neck while Neytiri matched his tactic by holding a knife to Spider's chest.

Quaritch frozen his place, a look of terror plastered on his face as Li'teya kept pushing the barrel of the gun further into his skull every time he refused to release Kiri.

"Li'teya revenge is not the way to do this" Tsu'tey croaked, terrified to see his sister take another life.

Teya darkly cocked her head to the side, her pupils darkening with rage "You call it revenge, I call it returning the favour."

"This is not what Lo'ak would have wanted" he argued using the boy as a last resort to get her to stand down.

"You have no idea what he would have wanted because Lo'ak is dead!" her voice silenced her brother instantly. No one had seen her this way before. Sure she was ruthless during training to prove herself but this rage like no one ever seen. The Li'teya they knew died with Lo'ak leaving a numb rage filled girl.

"Killing him isn't going to bring Lo'ak back!" Tsu'tey reasoned trying to snap his sister out of the revenge trance she was trapped in.

Tsu'tey shut his eyes turning away from his sister as Neytit lifted her knife up to kill Spider but there was no scream. No anything. He slowly opened his eyes to see the boy being pushed behind Neytiri and Teya shoving Quaritch to his knees. "I hope killing him was worth it".

This was it. His baby sister was going to kill. No matter what he had done. Murder was murder and was going to stay with her for the rest of her life. A piece of soul to be ripped in pieces with every life she took. It was a never-ending cycle once you've killed whos going to stop you from killing again?

Neteyam jumped forward tackling Teya to the floor and throwing the gun away from her. She roughly shoved him off shouting a string of curses at him which he ignored as he began to run up to Tsu'tey slicing off his binds.

Tsu'tey's knees buckled underneath him before Neteyam caught him pulling him into a hug "Where's li'teya?"

"What?" Neteyam asked "She's right behind ... me" Neteyam saw the empty space behind him. She was gone.

"She went after Quaritch".

—————————————————————————

a/n

sorry its so late , I started college again this week and I have A levels in exactly one month so revision is taking over my life. So sorry if chapters are irregular I just have to prioritise that.

I see you 

-S