chapter 7

~~~

~~~

It was finally over.

Everyone left the classroom in pure silence.

No one was able to comprehend what just happened, the test took the words out of everyone's mouth. I too was left speechless but I had faith that I did well.

I was on my way to my next class which was English, I felt my hand being dragged towards the opposite direction. Everything was happening in full speed. My mind couldn't adjust to what was going on.

I followed the person that dragged me. I recognized the back of the head and the overall uniform in general. He ran out the front door of the school and proceeded to make his way behind the school building.

Once we reached a sacred area at the back of the school, he left go of my hand and took a breather. I too took a breather after the shock and the adrenaline I just experienced.

"What was that for?" I asked him.

"I want to show you something."

He turned around and rummaged through the grass as if he was looking for something until I saw him carrying a box with holes that were poked in either side of the box.

He lifted the lid only to reveal a ginger colored kitten. I was in complete awe. I didn't ask him questions at all. I found myself playing with the kitten with my index finger as I was scared of the possibility that it was going to scratch me.

The kitten didn't seem bothered by my presence as it reciprocated the same energy by playing with my index finger. I kept blurting out weird but also cute names for the kitten. I treated the kitten like a newborn baby.

"Where did you get this kitten?" I asked.

"I found it close by my house when I took a walk after attending the gym. I felt so bad for it so I decided to take it in." He answered.

I didn't seem to care about Jooheon's presence, my focus was on the kitten.

"We can share it as our own pet." He insisted. I looked up at him and a smile quivered on my face.

"Not you being sweet, thank you." I said as I pinched his cheek.

I didn't realize that time passed by extremely fast. I looked at my watch and realized that I was extremely late. My gaze fell on Jooheon as I was mad at him for making me late.

"You made me late for my class! In fact, you made me miss it!" I yelled.

He sealed the box with the lid and placed it down next to him. Before he stood up I pushed him over and proceeded to hit him.

He tried to stop me but couldn't as I was much quicker than him, he pleaded with me to stop but I didn't bother to listen to him.

He managed to grab both of my hands and flipped me over, he was now on top of me. I tried to fight him off me but his grip around my wrists were too tight. Eventually I stopped fighting back which resulted in us staring at each other.

I felt like I was in a k-drama movie, it felt surreal. I blinked to make sure that I wasn't dreaming but as I opened my eyes again he was still on top of me.

His gaze fell on my lips and looked up at my eyes once again. Before anything could possibly happen we heard the kitten make a sound.

We both looked at the box before Jooheon got off me and his attention was glued on the kitten. I remained in that position, trying to gather my thoughts about what just happened.

Having him look at me in that way triggered a knot in my stomach. The knot had an uncomfortable feeling to it but at the same time it felt good whenever the moment kept replaying in my head.

I sat up and dusted myself. I looked over at the kitten which made sparked a warm, fuzzy feeling in me. I immediately fell in love with the kitten.

"Are you busy after school?" He asked.

"Not really, why?"

"I want to buy snacks with you so that we can spend time together at the park." He responded.

Eventually I agreed as I felt like it was my opportunity to tell him my feelings but something prevented me from not doing so.

Was it my gut warning me not to?