chapter 26

***

***

It was Thursday afternoon. I was fed up with the reality of being bored. I decided to spend some time at the park by myself. However, the fear of seeing my classmates was long gone. I didn't seem to care. 

I changed into a pair of denim shorts and a yellow tank top. I wore slides since it was kinda hot on that day and I didn't want my feet to have a stench when I arrived back home.

As I arrived at the park I looked around to see if a bench was nearby for me to sit down. Fortunately it didn't take me that long to spot one. I approached the bench and sat down. As time went by I noticed that some students from my school arrived at the park. I recognized a few of them before I turned my attention to my cellphone.

The sound of little kids playing reminded me of my childhood. How happy I used to be before I entered my teenage years. However, I was glad that I made the most of my childhood years however I did certainly missed those days. 

As I looked up from my phone, I noticed a group of guys about to walk past me. I realized that Jooheon and Hyungwon was part of the group. It was so strange seeing them walk together knowing the heated tension between them. Hyungwon then turned to my direction and suddenly walked towards me. Jooheon noticed and his facial expression highlighted anger. 

''Hey you, mind if I join?'' Hyungwon asked with a smile on my face. 

''Hyungwon! Are you coming?'' One of friends asked.

''It's fine, you guys can go.'' he assured them. They all shrugged and walked away. 

He then sat down next to me. He asked if I was alright after what happened during biology class. I assured him that I was doing just fine and he shouldn't worry about me. He seemed pretty satisfied with my answer since his topic was suddenly about being friends with Jooheon.

''You certainly love asking me about him. What do you want to know?'' I asked.

''Have you guys kissed yet?'' He asked.

I choked on my saliva. In my head I didn't know whether to agree that we did or if I should blatantly lie however I wanted to be honest about it. Before I responded my brain immediately told me not to say yes. In that moment I couldn't comprehend why. Was my brain warning not to because there was going be a negative outcome out of it?

''No we didn't. As we've both said, we're just close friends.'' 

He didn't seem like he bought my answer. As if he didn't expect that particular answer. I knew that he thought I lied about it but I made it my mission to not admit that we actually kissed.

We continued to talk about Jooheon until I immediately shifted from Jooheon and I to Jooheon and Hyungwon. I wanted to know whether if Hyungwon genuinely saw Jooheon as his best friend. 

''Is he really your best friend?'' I asked.

I could've sworn that Hyungwon chuckled after I asked him that question. Was the question funny to him? What was so funny about that question? 

''He is.'' He answered.

Just like that? I expected his answer to be consisted of past memories of them together ans little kids or something. I didn't expect such a response however I accepted it. I tried to understand what could've possibly made Jooheon jealous of Hyungwon. 

As Hyungwon spoke about himself I tried to pin point certain things that could've been the things that made Jooheon jealous but there was nothing. Jooheon came from a wealthy family, he was a talented rapper, dancer, and basketball player as well. He basically had everything.

Hyungwon was a model of course, as well a well-known DJ. He was a great singer and dancer as well. Hyungwon also came from a wealthy family. They were basically on the same level materialistic wise. Hyungwon seemed like a kind and shy person as well. Despite those qualities he certainly had his way with girls however I used to notice something.

Whenever Jooheon used to like a girl, the same girl would show Hyungwon more attention other than Jooheon. I found that very strange. Hyungwon and Jooheon were very attractive but I never saw Hyungwon more attractive that Jooheon, probably it was because Jooheon was my crush of course.

As time passed by we continued to speak until the sky got grey. We got the signal that it was about to rain. We got up and Hyungwon walked me home. The walk to my house was silent but I wasn't bothered by it at all. I loved silence.

We reached my house. Before I said by goodbyes to Hyungwon he pulled me in for a hug which I found shocking. His arm was wrapped around my waist tightly. My arms was wrapped around his neck. We stayed in that position for a few minutes before he pulled away and stared deeply into my eyes. His eyes kept trailing down to my lips before he actually leaned forward and kissed me.

I was left stunned by his sudden action. I didn't know whether to kiss him back or not. He pulled away and stepped back. He placed his hands on either side of his pants pocket and a smile quivered on his face. I gave him a small smile before turning around and entered the front gate.

I entered through the front door and ran upstairs to my bedroom. I shut the door behind him. My heart started beating fast. It was such a surreal feeling. I didn't know whether to feel angry, happy, sad or even disappointed.

I was so confused.

***