chapter 21

***

***

Jae Sang' POV

The weekend flew by really quick. I always hoped that weekends would be extended just for another day. However, that's impossible.

I arrived at school a bit later than usual. It was because I slept through my alarm and I rushed to get ready.

My first lesson for the day was art class. I walked in my art class and excused myself for being late. Although my teacher was a bit upset however he let me in.

That day we had to finish our painting since it was due the following day. My goal was to not get distracted and I had to focus on finishing the painting.

As I painted I experienced a gut wrenching feeling. It just happened randomly with no indication. I didn't know what triggered it. Was something going to happen?

Immediately I started to loose focus. That was my main fear, loosing focus while trying to finish my painting. I took deep breaths and told myself that everything was going to be alright.

~~~

As the day progressed, the feeling was still there. What made the feeling even more scary was the fact that I didn't seen Jooheon. Was he finally suspended? Was he sick? So many thoughts crowded my mind which was hard to concentrate on anything.

The day felt gloomy and dull without seeing him. Although I had a secret crush on him, I cared about him. I cared about him as a person and his well-being.

I was in my English class and we were reading Macbeth. That was one of my favorite plays by Shakespeare. However, my most favorite play was Othello.

As my teacher explained a scene we heard a knock on the door. The doorknob turned and in walked Jooheon.

There was something off about him. He seemed upset. Anger and frustration radiated off him. I immediately felt concerned about him. Was he the reason I felt a bit strange throughout the day?

He approached the teacher and gave her a note. She read it and told me that my Biology teacher wanted to see me.

I got up from my desk and left the class. Jooheon was long gone. He didn't even wait for me. Was he mad at me?

I saw Jooheon enter a class and I ran after him so that I wouldn't walk into the wrong class. Fortunately I found it and walked in.

I saw my Biology teacher staking a pile of papers. He turned to look at me, "Hello young lady. I need your help with stapling these papers together."

I kindly took a pile of papers including a stapler and began with what I had to look. I noticed that the students in the class were studying the subject Chemistry. I assumed that Jooheon's Chemistry teacher wasn't at school and so my Biology teacher was substituting the class.

From time to time I looked around to see where Jooheon sat but I would immediately look away because I felt scared since most of the guys in his chemistry class looked like gangsters.

"Hello Jae."

I looked up to see Hyungwon staring at me with a smile on his face. I waved at him with a smile on my face and continued to staple.

"Hello my Jae Jae"

I slowly looked up. I recognized the voice. I directly looked at him. He wasn't smiling. Instead, he had a sly smirk on his face. I then saw the guys who surrounded him beaming as if they found it funny.

"Hi Jooheon." My voice cracked. I felt uncomfortable in that moment. It didn't feel as if I greeted my best friend. Rather it felt like I greeted some guy who was obsessed with me.

I desperately needed to get out of the class. I quickly stapled the papers together. Fortunately he allowed me to leave since it wasn't much. I rushed out of the class and frantically ran back to my English class.

I entered the class and sat down at my seat. I fanned myself since I felt hot and a bit sweaty. I asked my desk mate which page number we were at and she indicated it my grabbing my book and flipped to the page.

I thanked her and searched for the dialogue. Despite trying to act focused on the book, my mind kept trailing back to what happened at Jooheon's Chemistry class.

 Despite trying to act focused on the book, my mind kept trailing back to what happened at Jooheon's Chemistry class