chapter 14

***

***

"Don't leave me behind." Whispered Jooheon.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. He removed his hands off me. He insisted that he would carry my backpack and sports back. I kindly agreed to his gesture. We both walked to my house.

The journey to my house was filled with nothing but silence between the both of us. It was such an unusual feeling. My anxiety eventually caused me to overthink whether if he was mad at me.

We reached my house and my heart suddenly dropped when I saw my dad's car in the driveway. I grabbed Jooheon's hand and ran across the street away from my house.

We stopped at the corner trying to catch our breath.

"What was that for?" He asked.

"My dad, he doesn't like me being seen around a guy at all." I answered.

"Not even me?" I looked at him and he had a pout on his face and repeatedly blinked rapidly.

I laughed at his facial expression. He snapped out of it and laughed as well.

I looked up at the sky and clouds were still there. Fortunately the sky wasn't grey. It was a pleasant sigh to look at.

"Do you like looking at the sky?" He asked.

"Yes I do. It's calming." I said as I looked back at him.

For some reason we then talked about the sky and the clouds.

I always found it extremely easy to talk to Jooheon about anything. Even if it was something random. We had similar inputs about different topics but for some topics, we always disagreed. No matter how much we tried to convince each other.

He completely disagreed with the idea that Call of Duty was better than Fortnite. He supported Fortnite, I supported Call of Duty. In my opinion, Call of Duty took the cake but once again, he completely disagreed.

We tried our best to not talk about Call of Duty and Fortnite otherwise we would get into a brawl.

As time passed I really needed to go home. I told Jooheon that he needed to go the opposite direction since my mother knew his face.

"But I wanted to leave you by your house." He insisted.

"I know but I don't want us to die in the hands of my parents." I teased which made him chuckle

"Fine" he agreed.

He placed my bags down on the ground. He then pulled me in for a hug. I was caught off guard by this act. I never hugged him before and that was the first time I hugged him back.

He didn't let go. His arms stayed wrapped around my waist. It was such an unusual feeling. Everytime I was in close proximity to him I didn't know how to react.

It was such a strange yet soothing feeling. Was that how friends would feel towards each other? Or did he secretly like me?

He slowed pulled away from the hug and stared deep into my eyes. I couldn't maintain eye contact since I kept looking at his lips and back to his eyes.

A smirk appeared on his face, "are you shy?" He asked in a low, seductive tone.

"No, not really." I answered whilst trying not to stutter.

"Then kiss me." He commanded without sounding aggressive and threatening.

My eyes widened. I tried to respond back but I was unable to do so. Cat caught my tongue. He noticed my reaction and chuckled. He then let go off me and stepped back.

"I'm just kidding, don't panic you silly thing." He teased.

I let out a deep breath while I fanned myself since I felt a bit hot. He stepped closer to me and leaned towards my ear and whispered something that formed a knot in my stomach.

"But I honestly do want you to kiss me."

A/N
heya! i hope you're enjoying this book so far. i have several chapters in my drafts waiting to be published. please vote if you enjoy any of the chapters. see ya soon!

 see ya soon!