chapter 22

***

***

As soon as the school bell rang indicating that it was the end of the school day, I rushed out of my Biology class.

I was determined to arrive home as early as possible. As I walked out of the gate I heard someone call out my name.

"Jae Sang! Wait up!"

I turned around to see Hyungwon who ran towards me. A smile appeared on his face which made my heart fluster a bit. He was indeed handsome.

"Hey, can I walk you home?" He asked.

Without saying a word, in response I nodded my head. I turned around and we both proceeded to walk.

At first the walk was consisted with but silence between us. However, I decided to be bold and sparked up a conversation.

"Are you friends with Jooheon?" I asked.

"We're close friends actually, love him to death." He responded.

In my mind, the first word that popped up was "gay". That sounded bad but my mind constantly over analyzed everything.

"That's cute." I smiled as we continued to walk.

~~~

We finally reached my house after we walked for 2 hours. The reason to that was due to the fact that we got chased by a bunch of dogs. It was his fault.

He thought by scaring the dogs would cause them to leave us alone but as a matter of fact it made them angry and chased us.

Fortunately we didn't get bitten. We managed to escape them by climbing a tree. I felt like Tarzan in that moment. Once you're filled with adrenaline, you could do anything such as by jumping over a tall fence.

We took another route home. I scolded him along the way. He didn't even take the situation serious at all. He tried to defend himself but majority of the time he laughed it off. Honestly, it was funny though.

We finally reached my house. I thanked him for walking me home. Despite feeling down and upset, whatever happened during the walk home really made me get my mind off things.

I entered my house and quickly ran upstairs to my bedroom. I walked in and threw my bag on the chair. As I was about to leave I was left startled by my mother.

"Oh my.. you scared me! Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Do you know Jooheon?" She asked.

My heart dropped. Did she find out anything about us? Did she find out that he came to my house when she wasn't here?

"Yes, why?"

"Oh, his mother gave me an invite to his birthday party that's going to take place on Saturday." She responded.

I slightly nodded, expecting more response coming from her.

"You can go if you want. Here's the invitation letter." She handed me the invite and left my room.

I analyzed the information, date and time. The dress code was Hawaiian. I loved Hawaiian themed parties. I was so excited until the memory of what happened at school hit me.

Did I really want to go? Was he going to be pleased with me being there? But it was just the beginning of the week. He would've probably gone back to his old self.

Or so I thought.