chapter 17

***

***

I arrived to school early. I decided to spend my time at the basketball court. Fortunately there was a ball that was situated at the corner of the court. I approached the ball and picked it up, bounced it as a made my way towards a hoop.

All that kept replaying in my mind was Jooheon stopping himself from whatever he wanted to do. How he left without any explanation. As I kept bouncing the ball around the court I was startled by a voice.

"Why are you alone?"

I turned around swiftly only to see a friend of Jooheon's who stood in the middle of the court.

"I just wanted to be by myself." I answered as I tried to force a smile.

"Pass me the ball." He said as he extended both of his hands.

I threw the ball towards him and he caught it. He too started bouncing the ball and scored a 3 pointer which was highly impressive.

"So... Are you Jooheon's girlfriend?" He asked.

In that moment I didn't know how to answer that question after what happened yesterday. Also the fact that Jooheon and I were never romantically involved.

"Did he say that I'm his girlfriend?" I asked.

"He always mentioned you to me. A smile always appeared at the mentioning of your name."

"Well that doesn't prove that I am his girlfriend." I answered.

"True, you win. But are you though?"

"We're just close, that's all I can say." I answered.

He somewhat seemed impressed with my response as a smile appeared on his face.

He looked really cute.

"I'm Hyungwon." He introduced himself.

"The DJ?"

"Yes, the DJ. The cute DJ by the way." He confirmed as a smile appeared on his face.

He was really a good DJ. I have listened to some of his sets before and I really enjoyed listening to them. Although he didn't go to any sort of school for it, he was naturally good at it.

We briefly talked for sometime before he left to meet up with his friends. We said our awkward goodbyes and he left.

Would I ever see him again?