Chapter 13: Mission

The implications were far more than I could imagine. If the shockwave had travelled through the whole world, just what could have felt it? What about Jormungandr, or the weird, creepy demon?

Most importantly, just how powerful would it have to be to reach the whole world? I didn't even know the size of it, and they said they called nearly right as they themselves felt it - Could it have gone at the speed of light? Just how much energy would it need for that?

My mind was racing with all kinds of fears, questions and possible consequences. I only managed to come out of my trance as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked and noticed it was Riogh's hand.

"Lilia. You seem to know something," the General added.

"...I told you what I knew."

"Yet the mention of it being worldwide seems to bother you. So, you did know something, didn't you?"

"No. I was just trying to figure out both what it meant and what it would do."

"...Continue."

I then explained the thought process I was having to him. He listened very carefully to every word I said. Once I was done, he thought for a little longer, before answering my worries.

"I think you're right. If it truly was worldwide as we think, it would have unprecedented results, possibly waking who knows what who knows where and putting us all in danger."

I could feel myself start physically shaking as his words seeped into my mind and their meaning dawned on me. It took all my willpower to stop myself from being visible, or from losing control over myself.

The General talked with Riogh a while more, but I simply couldn't even try to understand what they were saying. I eventually heard my name and struggled to focus back on the conversation.

"Lilia, do you copy?"

"Y-Yes, sorry."

"You'll be on standby until further notice. Expect to be required soon. If what you said is true, we'll need every person we can get."

I weakly nodded as he said I could leave. Riogh first got up and offered me his hand to help me. I was surprised he could tell I was so shaken, but I appreciated it a lot. I grabbed his hand and got up, as the door flung open loudly.

"General, emergency!" the soldier who entered screamed.

...It has started. Everything was about to come crashing down around me. Who knows what news he would bring, did some city get levelled by rampaging monsters? Did demons invade again? Are they planning on attacking us again?

"The Leviathan has appeared in Terra and is immobile at the shore, nobody knows what to do!"

"Any casualties? Damages?"

"None."

"...Huh? Are you telling me some giant monster with a name as threatening as Leviathan just, came, and did nothing?" I accidentally said out loud.

The soldier and general both looked at me weirdly, then each other before the superior answered with:

"It seems so, yes. That is quite weird, but also a blessing. We're leaving right away to assist the town. Lilia, you're coming. Tell your principal. Meet us at the gate in thirty minutes.

"We're going even though it's about to be night?"

"This matter cannot be delayed."

His highly authoritarian tone and lack of

"Ah. Uh. Okay."

I was quite flabbergasted at everything that had just unfolded, and slowly left, still unsteady on my feet. I tried to think of a way to tell the principal, but also to tell Sayuri. I didn't know how long I would be away either.