7. Mixed signals

His captivating scent carried her to another realm, keeping her nose planted deep in his nape to keep herself swimming in his untamed fragrance

Chills wandered her body when his large hands pressed against her waist, pulling her body closer to his. His warm lips pelted the side of her neck, showing her an uncultivated form of love that she hadn't received from him in months.

"I don't want to leave, I'll miss you." His voice was as deep as the seven seas, it was frightening, and yet so beautiful at the same time.

It feathered her cheeks, arousing heat in her pounding chest.

"We'll see each other tomorrow, Joon." She giggled, inebriated by his smitten behavior.

He hugged her tighter. "Mm, no. Come stay over my place." Namjoon insisted, releasing her body.

He squeezed her hands, interlacing his fingers with hers.

"Tonight?" Hanni asked, almost baffled. "It's a school night, though."

His chuckle rippled fluster in her stomach. "Hanni, you sound like a middle schooler."

She turned, looking at her apartment door thinking about her bed that waited for her presence.

"Come on, just for tonight." Namjoon urged when he saw he had lost her attention. "I still have some of your clothes in my room that you can change into, and an extra toothbrush."

Hanni didn't want to ruin his good mood. He hadn't even told her anything about the lunchroom incident, and how she was with Jeongguk when she had promised him that she wasn't speaking to him.

She gulped, biting the inside of her lip when she remembered.

How has he not told me anything yet?

Perhaps he had a sudden change of heart? Well, whatever it was, she was glad to be saved from such an unfitting conversation with him.

She despised it when they argued. She wished they had more days where they would simply indulge in each other's presence. When they had no drama and no arguments to fight about.

Where they didn't clash together like two angry mobs.

"Okay... just for tonight, Namjoon." Hanni ultimately agreed, allowing him to guide her toward the elevator.

He peppered his lips above the back of her hand as they stepped in, going down to the third floor – where his room was.

It was going to be the first time in at least four months that she would be staying in his apartment. They had been on each other's bad side for so long, she didn't want to spend more than five minutes in the same room as him. For whatever reason, they had been getting along more those past weeks, and she wanted to take advantage of that.

Good times with Namjoon may have been rare, but they were also so memorable.

He kissed her forehead, taking a pair of keys out of his basketball shorts as he guided her to their next destination.