10. Tutor

She held her breath, her fingers tapping quietly against the desk as she waited impatiently for her brain to produce ideal words that Jeongguk would understand

She held her breath, her fingers tapping quietly against the desk as she waited impatiently for her brain to produce ideal words that Jeongguk would understand. All she could think about was how awkward it would surely sound for her to ask for help directly. Hanni was struggling so much in physics that she would need all the help she could get from him.

How could she ask without sounding completely dense?

Through the corner of her eye, she watched as Jeongguk's hand lightly sketched over his notebook, it looked to be as light as a single white feather from one of her pillows, barely stroking the piece of paper beneath his large hand.

Was he sketching? In class?

Her eyebrows pressed down firmly, confused. She knew she shouldn't, but she was curious to see what he was drawing.

She turned her head, checking out his little sketch.

Her eyes squinted, unable to see the image with his hand covering most of the skillful craftwork.

The harder she looked, the more she could make out a few details of this random drawing.

It looked like a woman's side profile. Her long black hair concealed most of her features, but her small pointy nose was still in view, along with pursed lips as she kept her eyes in front of her, her long lashes complemented the structure of her delicate face.

Whoever she was, she was beautiful.

Hanni proceeded to look around the classroom, trying to match this woman in the sketch with any woman that may be in the classroom.

Most of the girls in the class seemed to have distinct noses, along with different hairstyles, not one of them matching Jeongguk's sketch.

If she wasn't in their physics class, perhaps she was in another class that Jeongguk had.

Hanni returned her focus back to Jeongguk's drawing, watching him add finishing touches. Blush on the tip of her nose, more improvised wispys' at the top of her hair along with a few beauty marks on her face.

She moved her attention to Jeongguk this time. His expression looked stern as if he was extra concentrated on this new important task of his. The tip of his tongue barely poked out from the corner of his lip, where his silver hoop was, slightly tampering with the piercing.

His obsidian eyes glinted with stars reflecting from the lights around them. His hair seemed longer that day, a rubber band on his left wrist just in case he needed to tie up the long wavy strands.

Was it weird that she wanted to run her fingers through his hair?

It was like an oil spill that pooled around his ears, matching his dangly hoop earrings that flattered his bad-boy image so well.

Hanni hadn't realized she had been blankly staring at him like a rock until he turned to look at her. He almost looked surprised, his hand carefully covering his sketch as if she hadn't already taken multiple peeks at it.