32. Reassurance

Her lips slightly parted, trying to find her words as she blankly gaped at the black gloss-finish motorcycle just a few steps in front of her

Her lips slightly parted, trying to find her words as she blankly gaped at the black gloss-finish motorcycle just a few steps in front of her. It was parked near the curb as if it were just another four-wheel car, waiting to be driven.

She licked her dry lips, glancing over at Jeongguk, who waited for her response with a charming smile. An endearing expression that went against his appearance, with the dark clothes he donned, his leather jacket pairing up well with his heavy combat boots.

Hanni couldn't find her words, her heart racing at the thought of joining Jeongguk for a ride. For all the good reasons, and all the bad ones, too.

Jeongguk seemed ecstatic, adrenaline running through his veins as he hoped Hanni was still up for their promised date on his bike.

"Well..." Hanni drummed, approaching the bike to let her fingers trace against the leather seat. "Is it just me or does it look even bigger out here, outside your dads garage?" She asked, turning to him with a sheepish grin.

"Look, we don't have to go on my bike," he began, sensing the nerves that danced off her figure. "I just thought you wanted to go on a drive with me."

"No, why are you saying that?" She questioned. "I never said I wouldn't go with you."

"You just seem tense." Jeongguked observed her tight posture and her stern expression.

Her shoulders fell. "Because I've never been on one of these things before. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't... nervous." She admitted, her fingers toying with one another as she looked Jeongguk in his eyes.

Joining him seemed like an amusing idea that would get them away from everything. If Hanni was thinking with a more prudent mind, she began to really feel the apprehension that bellowed ferociously in her gut, how detrimental it could be if she were to openly join him with almost no protection that would shield her body.

"How would I hold on?" Hanni asked the question that had been persistently scouring her mind.

"You hold onto me." Jeongguk finalized, slightly chuckling. "Are you up for it, or not?"

Hanni was caught at a stump, her lips pinching together in doubt. She thought about what her roomies had told her when she mentioned this idea to them. Of course, they absolutely raved over it, demanding that Hanni tell them her experience as soon as she got home.

"It'll be a chance to get away, Hanni." She remembered Jen encouraged with a delightful smile.

"It'll also give you and excuse to feel his muscles." Yasu's sly comment made her chortle, shaking away her reflections that only seemed to fog her already nebulous brain.

"Okay, yes." Hanni gave in to the temptations that called her name.

Jeongguk celebrated, clapping his hands together once. "Great! You could wear my helmet." He instructed, lifting the seat of the motorcycle to grab the helmet.