11. Messages

There was a plethora of thoughts rambling through her mind that evening, many of which consisted of her new plans with Jeongguk being her tutor

There was a plethora of thoughts rambling through her mind that evening, many of which consisted of her new plans with Jeongguk being her tutor. Many of them also included whether or not she should let Namjoon know about the whole debacle. Hanni doubted it, unaware of how he would react to it or respond.

He saw the two of them talking in the hallway and yet didn't say a word to her when they were together. It was almost similar to the time she was with Taehyung and Jeongguk in the lunchrooms, Namjoon didn't bring it up when they were together, instead waited until the last minute to argue with her while he was taking her back to her apartment.

Hanni was certain he would find a way to bring it up at any moment, picking for a fight to happen between the two of them. They could never just unwind and bask in each other's ambiance, there always had to be an issue or problem that decimated their remission. It made her dread ever agreeing to spend their day together.

She picked at the loose threading on her sweatshirt, her back against the headboard with her legs smooshed against her chest as she waited for Namjoon. Slightly on edge to see if he would bring up anything.

Her body hardened like a rock when she heard the bathroom door close, signaling his entry at any given moment.

The door opened, revealing a freshened-up Namjoon with a phone in his hand, scrolling and clicking in and out of apps.

Her lips flattened, watching him scroll through her phone. The phone that he manipulated her into letting him look through. He knew how to get her, how to hit her where it hurt so she would give in and dismiss his toxic behavior as if it were normal.

This time, he used his cheating father as an example, claiming he was scarred from his parent's rotten relationship and needed to know that she wasn't cheating. The only thing that would reassure him was searching through her phone, and nothing else.

Hanni didn't want to be accused of cheating if she refused to give him her phone, so she simply gave in, letting him take it and look through every single little application she had on her home screen. Along with old messages of her recent texts, her messages on social media, and her photos.

He ran his hands through his damp hair, finally shutting off her phone.

"Alright, you can have it back." He said, tossing it onto the edge of the bed.

Hanni crawled to the edge, retrieving her used and abused phone and stuffing it into her pocket.

"So... is it out of your system?" She asked, watching him sift through his closet for a hanger.

He removed his shirt from the top of his head, the muscles on his arms contracting — making her blush at the sight of his massive arms.

Fuck, control yourself, Hanni. This is embarrassing.

He hung his shirt up. "Yup." He muttered, going over to the door to lock it.

Hanni waited for him to say more, but was left dumbfounded without answers as he moisturized his body with lotion.