12. Truth

Deep shadows formed below her eyes, staring up at her ceiling as she basked in her own piercing silence

Deep shadows formed below her eyes, staring up at her ceiling as she basked in her own piercing silence. Sleep was out of the question that night, too much in her head to even think about resting.

It was strange, though she was up all night, she didn't shed a single tear. It was almost as if she was numb, unable to feel the true pain in her sore heart.

She did feel the vehement sorrow that ached deep in her bones, her heart crying out in pain each time it pumped blood throughout her frail and tired body. It was difficult for her not to think of the messages he shared with the girl. She asked herself who this person was, and if she was genuinely aware of Namjoon's relationship status, or not.

Even if he texted Seonyeon while they were on a break, he still kept in touch with her throughout the end of their relationship.

He still cheated.

All those nicknames Namjoon used on Hanni were being used on someone else. It made sense, his obsession with checking her phone to make sure she wasn't cheating finally made sense. It was all because he was cheating, he was fearful that Hanni was also doing it behind his back, and it explained why he never wanted her looking through his phone under any circumstances.

Each time she would even reach for his phone to get it out of the way, he would instantly take it from her, regardless of where he was, he would grab it and place it into his pocket.

She noticed this behavior, and thought it was strange, but, she never wanted to look too deep into it. Knowing exactly why he was acting that way. She chose to ignore the signs, still. She thought she couldn't do any better than Namjoon, that the love and the way he treated her was what she deserved.

She rubbed strained eyes, only managing to get two hours of sleep that dreadful night.

She heard whispers on the other end of her door, likely Jen and Yasu. She squinted, trying to hear what they were talking about.

It was obvious. They were talking about her.

It went silent, one of them clearing their throat.

"Hanni," It was Yasu. "Are you awake?"

Hanni was quiet, sighing to herself.

"Yasu made her famous smoothie, the one you like. Come out and eat. Or at least unlock the door." Jen added, knocking on the door.

"Shh, what if she actually still is asleep?" Yasu whispered to Jen.

"No way, she never sleeps in this late," Jen muttered matter-of-factly

Hanni got out of bed, taking her phone with her.

Yasu and Jen were dumbfounded when the door suddenly swung open, revealing a rather buoyant Hanni.

"Whats up? I had a long day yesterday." She shrugged as if it were nothing, making her way to the bathroom.

"Ohh, long night with Namjoon, huh?" Yasu said in innuendo, suggestively raising her eyebrows.