9. Helpful conversation

With little courage still coursing through her blood, she walked with her head high, repeating the words to herself so she would remember exactly what she wanted to say to Jin

With little courage still coursing through her blood, she walked with her head high, repeating the words to herself so she would remember exactly what she wanted to say to Jin. It had been nearly a full week since he spoke to her. Since he last invited her to talk to him whenever she'd like about her personal struggles.

'If you need any help you can always come to me as trusted adult regardless if it has to do with physics or not.'

Hanni almost wanted to turn around halfway, unsure if it was the right thing to be dumping her troubles onto a man that has a wife and two kids of his own.

What if he wasn't even on campus any longer? The sun was practically setting, leaving the sky swimming in a diverse shade of fiery orange as a last goodbye, the campus was rather empty, and only a few students remained. Some of them studied on the open benches — relishing the ambiance the outdoors provided. The kids who had sports to play stayed late to practice, Jimin being one of those kids, along with Namjoon.

Which made the timing perfect.

Namjoon wouldn't ask so many questions as to why she was going to meet her professor face-to-face during his evening office hours and nobody would know she went to go see her professor to talk about her personal problems.

Her heart began to race anxiously when she saw the classroom reach into view, her heartbeat echoed all throughout her body, pounding against her ears, jolting her awake.

That was until she saw Jin exit the classroom with a satchel crossed over his shoulder, locking up the room with the key in his hand.

All the built-up pressure soon deflated, as if she was relieved. When, in reality, all she wanted to do was release her stress to someone. Someone who didn't know a single thing about her life, who could give her an opinion that wasn't biased.

Jin must have realized Hanni was walking her way toward the classroom, his eyes grew wide with surprise. At first, he was startled by her unforeseen appearance, but soon, that surprise diminished, now more concerned than ever to see Hanni after hours.

"Hanni?" He called, his left eyebrow raised.

"Jin, am I too late?" Hanni asked, her speedy pace eating up the distance that set them apart. "Were you on your way home already?"

"Yes, but what is it that you need?" Jin asked, placing his keys in his pocket.

She sighed, slightly fatigued from the brief jog she did. "Ah, no. It's okay, I don't want to keep you from getting home." She waved it off, trying on a smile to distract him from her spontaneous arrival.

"No, it's completely fine. I wasn't even supposed to leave until like ten minutes from now." He removed the keys from his pockets again, jabbing it into the lock. "Did you need help on assighnemts?"

Hanni's fingers toyed with each other, an annoying habit she had when she was nervous to speak. "Actually, this isn't- uh, it's not about the assignments at all. Or physics, for that matter."