28. Float

Her body shivered as she stepped into the pool's cold-tempered water, her skin was taut with bumpy chills all along her arms and legs

Her body shivered as she stepped into the pool's cold-tempered water, her skin was taut with bumpy chills all along her arms and legs. Without thinking, she took the last step, fully emerging her upper body in the water, her teeth slightly chattering as she was stiffly swimming over to Jeongguk.

"Okay, you can turn around now." Hanni approved, keeping her arms folded over her chest.

He turned over, his eyes shut tightly as he faced Hanni with a grin. "Can I open my eyes now?"

She laughed, "Yes. Open them up now."

He followed her directions, opening his eyes as he moved his wet hair out of his face.

Unlike Hanni, who took meticulous steps into the pool to get her body used to the sudden change in temperatures, Jeongguk dived straight into the small body of water on the shallow end. Not at all waiting on Hanni to join.

She admired his bravery and willingness to descend face first into a pool and so easily and magnificently emerge from the waters wearing the most saccharine smile. As if he relished every minute of it.

He was the complete opposite of Hanni.

She even had him turn his back toward her while she removed herself from the clothes he let her borrow, not wanting him to watch as she undressed herself.

A  large portion of her hair remained dry, the ends of it floated in the water behind her back.

"Your dad seemed so understanding." Hanni mentioned suddenly, seeing his silhouette openly pass the living room, and toward the front door.

"Oh, yeah," Jeongguk hummed, looking over at the drawn curtains.

"He thought you were having a whole party, and he didn't even get upset over it?" She glanced over at Jeongguk this time.

He raked his fingers through his wet hair. "First off, he knows I'd never throw a party here... because I never have. I guess he was just surprised that I brought someone over." He determined, swimming near the edge of the pool.

Hanni followed, placing a hand on the beam. "What do you mean? You've never brought anyone over before?" Before she was even able to get her question across, he was already shaking his head in disapproval.

"Oh, wow." Hanni muttered, surprised. "Wait, so you've never brought Jimin over... Taehyung over? Anybody from the soccer team?"

"Nope. I've never brought any of them over before." Jeongguk answered, staring at the moving water.

"That's strange... for some reason, I thought you would have for sure brought one of your soccer friends over." She shared, reimagining the scenario in her mind. "Wow, I mean, it's no wonder he looked so surprised. I thought he was just mad that I was over, and you maybe didn't tell him."

"Oh, no I didn't tell him I was bringing anyone over." Jeongguk revealed with a chortle. "Save myself the whole, wow you're finally bringing a friend over? Who is it? Is it a girlfriend? You know, all those kinds of questions." He produced a derivative voice of his father's voice, earning a chuckle from Hanni.