19. Argument

The basketball court was riotous

The basketball court was riotous. The bleachers were filled with high-spirited university students, showing off the colors of their school, parents that were cheering on their kids, and students that arrived last minute, wanting something to do for their Saturday night.

Hanni was there to take care of a few things.

She never understood why everyone went so crazy for the basketball team. Sports were never something that Hanni found interest in. She did play volleyball for a couple of years but stopped as soon as she became a university student.

The gymnasium was massive for only one reason — the school was aware of just how crammed the gym would get when the school's basketball team had games.

There did leave a plus side to that — Namjoon would never know Hanni was there. He would be too busy focused on the game, and with all the people in the crowd, there was absolutely no way he would be able to single her out.

Hoseok cheered from beside her when Yoongi, the team's innately skilled shooting guard, made a shot from the three-pointer line.

The corner of her lips pulled into a smile. Perhaps it would be harder to stay hidden when she was sitting right beside such a cheerful soul.

Good thing everybody in this room is loud, then. Hanni thought to herself, following the ball that moved from the opponent, and back to their team.

She would be lying if she said that Yoongi's impressive shots didn't get her riled up, her shoulder would slightly jump each time he made such a clear throw into the basket. Even with Namjoon, she couldn't help but slightly clap her hands together when he helped the team gain points.

Hoseok grabbed his drink from below his tapping foot, taking a small sip.

"Do you not want any snacks?" He asked, glancing over at Hanni. "They have a lot of options, I could get you something."

What a sweet offer.

"No, Hoseok. It's okay, thank you for offering." She nodded, taking her attention back to the game.

He rubbed his damp hand against his thigh. "Of course." He muttered, placing the cold drink back down on the floor.

As the game went on, the score became a tie, and if the gymnasium wasn't already booming with noise, it was now a cacophony of voices and cheers. They began to stomp against the bleachers, the thunderous noises reverberated throughout her chest, giving her chills.

With the ball being passed around, the home team became offense, handling the ball this time. Swiftly, the ball moved from one person to Namjoon, and finally, to Yoongi — who cleared the distance between him and the basket with a clear and crisp swish.

Everyone cheered.

Everyone.

But, one person caught Hanni's eye.