27. Tour

His father's home was a modern, and contemporary house

His father's home was a modern, and contemporary house. If Hanni was going based on the description Namjoon gave to her about Jeongguk and his family's behavior, she assumed his father would own a mansion of some sort. Or perhaps live atop a penthouse, with a pool on a large balcony that overlooked the city and its lights.

When she saw that it was a very simple modern housing, she was washed over with relief.

The home was a few miles out from the university, in a more secluded area, which told her that it was a location where people with money stayed.

Although it wasn't the mansion she pictured, she was still, nonetheless, speechless when she saw how large the front yard was, and how large the home was. With large pristine windows on all corners of the home, it gave her a small idea of what the home looked like standing from the outside.

It seemed his father may have wanted a large front and backyard, the house only consumed a very small portion of the property.

"Is this turf?" Hanni asked as she marveled at the gorgeous lively grass.

Jeongguk laughed. "No. It's real." He informed, leading the way to the front door of the house.

"No patch of dry grass in sight, no sign of indents or lack of care..." Hanni mumbled to herself, her eyes sparkling with wonder as she resumed her visual expedition.

"You haven't even seen the rest of the home, and you're still stuck on the way the grass looks." Jeongguk reached into his pocket, pulling out the house keys.

"It's really hard to take care of grass, let alone keep it looking so lively." She argued in a whisper, standing right behind him.

He jammed the key in the lock, twisting it a few times before opening the door.

"So there's four and a half bathrooms here." Jeongguk described, using his hands to direct her through the home. "One of them is right by the garage, while the other three are upstairs."

She completely disregarded his directions, still stuck on the fact that they had four and a half bathrooms. There were only two of them, and that was only when Jeongguk visited during his weekends from school. Why was there any need for so many bathrooms?

"Four..." Hanni concluded, indulging in the comfortable atmosphere of the home.

"And a half." Jeongguk didn't forget to include. "I could give you a small tour if you'd like, just so you know the basics and your way around the place." He said, placing his car keys on the small side table in the foyer.

"Am I gonna need a map for this?" Hanni swallowed her thick saliva, her mind still stuck on the grass.

"Me. I'm your map." He stated, taking her bag from her hand. "We can go to the pool in a little. I'll let you look around the home, so you can get familiar and comfortable." He set her bag near the L-shaped sofa.