20. Moving on

Her face fell into the palm of her hands, sitting atop her knees, stimulated by the frigid temperature of the wood floor

Her face fell into the palm of her hands, sitting atop her knees, stimulated by the frigid temperature of the wood floor. It cooled down her searing body that simmered with palpable frustration, steam omitting from her pores as she tried to gather all the items in her closet that were all Namjoon's.

Sweatshirts. Pairs of socks. T-shirts. Sweatpants.

Her closet was practically wiped out of all clothing once she removed all of the things that didn't belong to her.

She assembled his things into a box.

At first, she didn't want to go through all the things that were his the morning after their break-up. But, she had grown tired of his irritable messages, trying to provoke a reaction out of her. Hanni just wanted him out of her life, and she would do it if giving him his things would finally stop his pestering.

He only bothered her for his things back as an excuse to see her and speak to her with formality.

As if another conversation regarding their break-up would ever change her mind.

That's what surprised her the most, how she finally put her foot down, standing by her decision. She was no longer deceived by the unchanging lies he so casually told.

Hanni almost thought she would be crying as she gathered up his things.

It was quite the opposite.

She was fuming.

Fury burned vehemently within her chest, causing smolder to belch from her body, outraged that she would still have to see that mundane expression of his that he disguised behind a facade of concern.

Those deathly dragon eyes of his never held true sympathy. They held only worry for himself and what his future would behold.

Her phone rang, letting her know of another message.

She grabbed it with not a second to waste, reading his message through her lock screen.

Namjoon

I'm here.

Hanni grunted, getting up from the ground, the cold linoleum beneath her bare feet offering her solace as she grabbed his box.

As she exited her locked bedroom, both Yasu and Jen looked over from the couches, startled by her sudden appearance.

"Is he here?" Yasu whispered, watching Hanni approach the front door.

"Yes. But, he won't be coming in." Hanni informed, facilitating their pounding hearts.

"Are you sure? I could call Jimin here." Jen offered, already having his number on speed dial.

Hanni ignored them, her flagrant vexation blinding her senses.

She swung the door open, meeting eyes with Namjoon, who stood a the door with that same prosaic expression she expected to be sitting on his detrimental features. He held a box of his own. No doubt that there were many things she left in his apartment as well.