Chapter 3: poor family

Chen Xing heard Gu Lang's question and shook his head subconsciously, saying that he didn't know.

Looking at Chen Xing's silly appearance, Gu Lang's lips curled up, and his thin lips opened lightly and slowly said, "My father made the dowry at that time, in order to show sincerity. I gave away two shops on Chen's East Street, ten acres of fertile land in the west area, and two hundred taels of silver grain."

Chen Xing has only been wearing it for a few days and is not very clear about the prices here, but I always feel that these things are quite a lot, but I don't know how much they are worth.

Gu Lang looked at Chen Xing's slightly confused expression, and continued: "If you don't believe it, I still have the gift list here, would you like to take a look?"

Hearing Gu Lang say this, Chen Xing shook his head quickly, Gu Lang said the same, there is still reason for him not to believe, after all, there is no need to lie to him

Gu Lang coughed, and his pale complexion became more and more bloodless. After the cough subsided, he continued: "Do you know what I went to Chen's house some time ago?"

Chen Xing looked at him and guessed carefully: "Go and let the Chen family fulfill the marriage contract?"

Gu Lang stared at Chen Xing's clean eyes and laughed, "The Gu family looks like this now, even if Gu is overly self-sufficient, he knows that the Chen family will never send their daughter here. I suffered, so the last time I went was just to break the engagement and get back my Gu family's things, who knows..."

The meaning of Gu Lang's words was incomplete, Chen Xing understood at once, who knew that the Chen family would find him a fake to replace them in order not to return the betrothal gifts.

Being stared at by Gu Lang's amber eyes, Chen Xing didn't know why he felt a little guilty, and at the same time he cursed the Chen family too much.

Chen Xing felt guilty for a moment, quickly remembered his purpose, mustered the courage to look at Gu Lang, and continued: "Well, I will try my best to make money to pay you back, you can promise to wait for me to earn it. After you get the money, will you give me back my deed of sale?"

Gu Lang didn't expect Chen Xing to react like this after he said so much. He stared at Chen Xing's clear eyes for a while, and suddenly felt that he was a little cute and innocent. He curled the corners of his lips and replied in a low voice, "Okay."

Gu Lang looked at Chen Xing's eyes that suddenly lit up, making him feel that the person who sent him was not useless, at least stupid and cute.

Gu Lang coughed a few more times and looked at the happy Chen Xing, "Before you pay back the money, you will live in this mansion, and this will be your room from now on."

"Mmmm, thank you." Chen Xing looked at him and nodded desperately, thinking that Gu Lang was a good person, not only did he not anger him, but he even let him live here.

Gu Lang took a deep look at Chen Xing, turned and left the room

Until the door was closed again, Chen Xing sat down on the bed and let out a long sigh of relief. He originally thought that Gu Lang was not going to have a good time, but he didn't expect the young master of the Gu family to be so talkative.

However, Chen Xing still felt that he had to figure out the prices here as soon as possible, know how to make money, and return the money to Gu Lang as soon as possible. When he gets his deed of selling himself, he will find a place to open a small restaurant. He believes that with his own craftsmanship, it is impossible to starve to death.