Chapter 11: Pumpkin Dessert

When Chen Xing heard about the arrest of the Lai family, he nodded in surprise, showing a look of joy, "I see, I'll go take a look tomorrow."

Gu Lang looked at Chen Xing's bright smile, moved his fingers slightly, suddenly wanted to touch his head, and finally restrained his impulse and coughed in disguise one sound.

Chen Xing heard Gu Lang's cough, and immediately recovered from the excitement, looked at Gu Lang nervously and said, "What's the matter, are you feeling unwell?"

Chen Xing knew that Gu Lang was in poor health, so he didn't usually go out. Even if there was any need, he ordered Qiu Jiu to do it, and today he did it for his own sake just went out. If something happened to Gu Lang because of this, he would be very upset.

After Gu Lang coughed, seeing Chen Xing staring at him nervously, he waved his hand gently, a soothing smile appeared on his pale face, "I'm fine, it's just an old disease, Get used to it."

Seeing that he finished speaking, Chen Xing stared at him still worried, Gu Lang suddenly changed the subject and said, "By the way, what were you doing in the kitchen just now?"

Hearing this, Chen Xing suddenly remembered the pumpkin cake he had just steamed on the fire! He hurried to the stove, put out the fire in the stove, and then opened the lid of the steamer.

Don't try it? This is the pumpkin on the outside, and the bean paste I use on the inside."

After Gu Lang nodded, Chen Xing took two small plates, sandwiched three between Gu Lang and Qiu Jiu, and handed them to them.

pastries."

Chen Xing smiled and did not answer. He used to specialize in cooking, but he is not very familiar with pastry, which is one of the few.

Gu Lang took a few glances, then took it and ate it, took a bite, and the fragrance of glutinous rice mixed with pumpkin floated out, and then bit down, it was sweet The bean paste, combined with each other, blends into a bizarre delicacy.

Gu Lang took the first bite, his eyes lit up, and then the speed became faster and faster, and he finished eating the dish in three or two, and then his eyes looked on the steamer, seeing that I still want to eat some more.

Chen Xing noticed his eyes, covered the lid and didn't open it, looked at Gu Lang and said: "This thing has glutinous rice and bean paste, both of which are hard to digest. After eating, you can't eat more."

Seeing the disappointment in Gu Lang's eyes, Chen Xing pursed his lips and coaxed: "This dessert can be kept for a longer time. If you want to eat it, you can eat it tomorrow."

The expression on Gu Lang's face improved a little when he heard that, he put down the plate as if nothing had happened, looked at Chen Xing and said, "In that case, I'll go to rest first, and then call me after dinner." Said After finishing, he turned around and left slowly.

Chen Xing looked at the back of Gu Lang leaving, and didn't know if it was his illusion. When Gu Lang left just now, he seemed to look at the steamer with regret.

Thinking of Gu Lang's reluctance to give up sweets, Chen Xing suddenly felt that he was cute~

After breakfast the next day, Chen Xing, who was worried, decided to go to the street to find out about Lai Jiu.

When Chen Xing arrived on the street, he found that it was as lively as usual, and there seemed to be no change.

It was full of people, still waiting for Grandma Sun to serve the wontons.

Watching Granny Sun staggering down and scooping wontons, her little grandson was helping, but she still seemed a little too busy, Chen Xing walked over and said to Granny Sun warmly: " Shall I help you?"