Chapter 31

The group made their way towards a karaoke place, taking in the sights around them, watching the beautiful night sky and the shining stars that accompanied it. The moment they were in, the relaxation, the calm they felt, sunk into them and they accepted it gladly. A moment before school for them to be young, be wild, and have fun. The whole situation of being Devils within a deadlock, or being host to a vengeful spirit leaves themselves no chance to enjoy themselves.

And with this moment, they would spend the rest blasting their lungs out to songs and having a blast!

But it would soon come to an end, as someone was watching them, slowly getting more and more frustrated as they continued to move in as a group, leaving no chance for him to swoop in.

Abaddon. The Fallen Angel sent to kill the Rider, so that more resources could be put to finding the book Samael seeks to get a hold of. He knew he would eventually upset his master, and the one above his master as well, should he fail his mission. He growled to himself, grabbing the edge of the building's roof so tight that it broke.

"Having trouble, Abaddon?" A voice asked. Abaddon quickly turned around, expecting Samael to receive a status report, only to spot another Fallen Angel. He had flies buzzing around him, his wings appearing to have every kind of disease imaginable, and a noticeable odor emanating from his person. Abaddon took a reassuring deep breath and stood to greet his ally.

"Wormwood," he said, "thank you for appearing. I do believe that we stand a chance of pleasing Samael if we work together."

"So it would seem," Wormwood replied as he approached his ally, as well as looking down towards the people below. "Though you have to understand, dear Abaddon, that should we succeed, you won't be taking the credit for yourself. So don't expect ole' Samael to give you a big reward for completing this."

"Of course," he said, bowing to him, before walking towards the edge and looking down. "The Rider has himself surrounded by Devils. And not just ordinary Devils, the Gremory family."

"Duke-level Devils, huh?" He asked. "Doesn't matter much to me, all I need to do is infect them, and they will die."

"Unless you are killed before your diseases take effect," Abaddon replied. "Should that happen, they would most certainly know of our existence. And we can't rule out the possibility of Mephistopheles warning the Rider of us, or Samael."

"I don't think we need to worry," Wormwood replied. "You know that cranky, old bat isn't particularly nice to his subjects. So I doubt that he told the Rider anything important."

"Even so, the Rider is guarded. We need to separate him from the group, kill him, and we can ensure that Samael will be successful in his search."

"So what is it you need me here to do?" Wormwood asked.

"We must make the Rider leave of his own will, have him try and tell the others that all he needs is a bit of fresh air," Abaddon replied. "And following that, I will attempt to lure him away, and kill him before he has any chance to fight back."

"And you intend on killing the Rider how?" Abaddon answered by stabbing his light spear into the ground.

"He is an unholy being, therefore he is susceptible to the dangers of the light spear," Abaddon answered.

"Well, sounds straightforward to me," Wormwood replied. "When do I strike?"

"They are headed towards karaoke. That is where we will strike."

Oblivious to the schemes of assassination, (F/N) and the group eventually arrived at a location that Rias knows. They got their rooms, were kindly guided, and eventually put in a room. The room itself had several wireless mics, a couple of TVs (one for the audience to watch and one for the singers to watch, and a few little games to help decide who goes first. The room was padded, the couches looked comfortable to sit on, and the table had a menu-styled piece of paper with some of the popular songs of recent and a tablet with all the songs they have access to. Everyone took a seat, and Rias grabbed the tablet.