Chapter 7- The Alien and the Fox Part 2 (Mick Mars)

The Fox and the Alien, our meeting....as I have said would lead to me finding MY Eric. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, I say 'one of' because there are sadly many more 'hardest' things to go thru....and it was WORTH it, to get to where we are now: Eric & I.... now, on with the meeting of the Fox & the Alien....and grab the fucking tissues!

Amazingly no one disturbs Fox and I, he still sobbing into his hands....and quite frankly so am I. I regret having to lay this on him....at least in a way, but he had the right to know and there is still more that needs to be said....so much more....

I feel I should KNOW on one hand where Eric would go....i imagine places he thinks Gene and Paul, MOST with the exception of the man sobbing in front of me from the Kiss camp wouldn't find him. Places meant to hide.... I'd say places around Sunset, but I've looked.... i can't fucking give up.... he doesn't deserve that....and now...FUCK...my spine, I can feel myself grit my teeth....

"W-Whoa...you....ok? is...is it?" Fox stammers tearfully.

"YES." I hiss out, "My back...I'd had a hip replacement to fucking boot on top of things.... I'll live. What h-hurts more...is...Eric...Singer....I..." Getting worked up again, I take deep...lots of deep steadying breathes and at last the physical pain dissipates. "What I'd told you...I've had my whole life...didn't know till my teens."

"Damn.... Are you brave. Badass." Admiringly before the sorrow comes back, "What ELSE did you have to tell me.... about your part?"

I attempt to brush away my tears and begin to speak, tone heavy with sorrow....so unsure of how this will all turn out. "I.... stayed with Eric, I watched him.... they restrained him...it killed me to see what's been done to him....but, I told Nikki...Sixx, and Vince Neil...I told them recently. I suggested among other things....of giving him a place where he belongs, of him becoming Mӧtley's drummer, but unlike THOSE BASTARDS....i wouldn't...we wouldn't force him. We're called Mӧtley Crϋe for a reason...wildly different personalities. I am...of two minds about it: one, it would put him in the spot light....somehow Kiss causing more problems....it would I fear make him a target. Two, I just want....to help him. For the first time, I was in the right place at the right time, I've done something right. I can't...just walk away, give up...fuck that. I saved his life.... maybe he's also saved mine. Fox.... he deserves the world, and it won't be easy.... there is so much trauma, so much we don't fucking know....it will take a long time before he can ATTEMPT to heal. All he knows is to run, stick to the shadows...relegated to them, I know how he feels. Unwanted....i am not as the world sees me and neither is Eric. He is a runaway, he sees at as being a coward....it takes a lot of fucking guts to run. Nikki could tell you....he's had a traumatic past like Eric, the drugs, abusive mother....he and Eric have a lot in common. I just wish I knew where to find him."

Fox eyes me seriously, appraisingly.... absorbing my words.

"It WOULD be a big 'fuck you' to Kiss....and for the record, I was outvoted when you guys got kicked off the 'Lick it up' Tour. I loved your music.... i am sorry, if I never showed that or...hung out much. Gene and Paul...well they didn't do me quite like they did Eric, but still the situation was manipulated to their benefit." Fox eats a few fries, chewing thoughtfully, eyes red rimmed. "Lemme ask you Mars....if Eric by some chance...miracle agreed to joining your band, are you---"

I interrupt, " I especially would not give up on him, if...whatever happened, he had episodes....i would be there. Vince and Nikki...they have their flaws god knows, they've done bad things...wild, or so it seems....but that have good hearts....THAT is what counts to me at the end of the day. They are my family. we protect our own."

"I believe you. Very much so...and I can tell you.... will be good for Eric...you and your band." Fox sighs, "Think Mars.... Gene and Paul would stay away from the 'seedier' parts of LA...Sunset especially, personally I love Sunset...but anyway, Eric would stick close to there.... however, broken or no.... i guarantee you Mick that he's found away to get out and play drums somehow...I would try music stores and the like near Sunset and if you find him...and I feel that you will, let me know....and let him know that....I miss him, and....i know he's stayed away, because he feels he's protecting me, he doesn't want me to get hurt....and I imagine he's done the same thing to you Mars. Also, I don't blame him....i am not angry, I am worried more than anything."

"Thank you for your advice, Fox, I consider you...a friend now, that's something I don't say lightly....and I have to tell you, if I didn't already that I paid for his hospital stay...his care, he shouldn't fucking have to...he feels and he told me he deserves what happened....he doesn't deserve my kindness and he killed his brother....he DESERVES KINDNESS, NO ONE DESERVES WHAT HE'S BEEN THRU...AND HIS BROTHER....wasn't his fault." The tears start anew, and I don't care that Fox sees or who sees.... I don't.

"you really are the Alien....that's a good thing." Fox says. "A very good thing....good luck Mick Mars, and I know you will be careful." I get the additional meaning in the way he says it....we talk for a while longer, me giving my contact/band info to him just in case and I head home, mentally and physically exhausted...but I will not give up on Eric, I can't...I won't.....

I find myself at Mars Mountain, my footsteps echoing.... all this room and so alone....

All alone....maybe someday....someday I wont be.....i wonder, Eric needs a safe place to stay....if not here, maybe I can try and help him find a place? I just.... the more answers I find...the more questions I have.... the more heartbreak for Eric, and the more tears that will fall.

Time passes slowly, me thinking over....and over about Eric, about the meeting with the Fox...the former drummer of Kiss....playing my guitar until eventually I find myself in bed lying there, staring up at the ceiling....and somehow I fall asleep and of course dream of Eric....

The Meeting of the Fox and the Alien, would as I have said lead to me finding my husbands, MY ERIC and once again saving his life....it would take a long time, I mean it would take time.... but I didn't give up...not once, not even after all these years. It was because....i had feelings for him then, I didn't see it...didn't realize, but it was there. And my meeting the Fox would also lead to Nikki finding love....finding a partner, that truly completed him and it was and IS the Fox.

If I didn't mention, and I know this is a random time or maybe not, fuck it.... Vince Neil was and still is with one Axl Rose...yes you heard me right. Now there's another epic love story if you will and that's for another time.

When this tale picks up....i will have at last found Eric, and things...slowly, but surely will begin to change....a long and hard road though it will be.

A/N: Part 2 of the Fox and the Alien meeting....and next chapter, back to Eric....and he will be found by Mick. More to come soon!