Rained In

"I never knew how much I wouldn't be able to go a day without smoking." I said as he sipped a mug of coffee while I took a swig of smoke.

"And that, missy, is why I don't smoke." He said letting go of the pump as he refilled the gas. I tapped the cigaret and threw it on the ground, stepping on it, then getting back inside the car.

"Your family, how are they doing?" He asked as we were back on the road.

"I wouldn't know, Joji, I haven't talked to them in, well about a year, after my grandmothers funeral that is." I put my hands behind my head, pulling up the navy blue sleeves.

"Because your grandmother was the only one who understood you." He said. I nodded.

"And since then you let your hair grow out, when was the last time you cut it?" I pushed the shoulder length hair from my face.

"Three or four months." I responded, pulling it up over my head and tying it there. I smiled.

"Shinya wouldn't notice me even if I told him who I was, it's hard to grasp the concept that I've changed so much." I said aloud.

"It is amazing how you started the PSB , and how you left it." He said.

"I didn't leave freely, Joji, I nearly died getting out." He looked at me then looked back at the road.

"Explain, Akane." He glanced at me.

"I know secrets... About Sibyl, they originally wanted to wipe m memory about Sibyl, but they change their mind, being able to trust me I guess. I'm sworn to secrecy until I die." I said tiredly, it was only 900 in the morning, and I haven't fallen asleep since we were at his house.

"So either your freedom, or Sibyl's safety," he said I nodded, "sounds like a whole lot of crap if you ask me, Akane." I smiled.

"I know." The car stopped at a dead end.

"Come on, time to go." He said nodding to me before we left the car and walked through the woods.