Trapped

"So how's Ginoza doing without me?" Shinya asked me as we walked through the thick brush.

"He's an enforcer now, other than that he's been doing okay." I responded moving leaves from in front of my face.

"And Mazaoka?" I stopped, I haven't heard his name in a while, we refrained from using it especially Ginoza.

"He's dead, he died in the power plant." I said. I heard Kogami's deep inhale and release.

"How's Gino holding up to that?" He asked.

"He's a great asset to the team." I answered. Gunfire shot out of the sky, out of no where, around us. Shinya pulled me beneath him. The firing stopped.

"What the hell was that!" Kogami's head lifted and turned around. I heard another on go off, something ripped trough my shirt crashing with the hip bone on my left.

"Aaaah!" I let out a loud scream falling to the ground instantly.

"Akane!" Kogami yelled kneeling over me making sure I'm covered. The world around me fade in and out.

"Where did the bullet come from!" Saiga asked, I heard the familiar 'click' as he readied his revolver.

"It hit her from the front so it's got to be forward." Kogami answered. I looked up, years streaming out of my eyes from the pain with every breath.

"Akane can you hear me?" I heard him whisper, feeling a rough hand cup the side of my face.

"We're trapped." The light faded to black and the sounds around me disappeared, I was alone and dying.