Love's Sight

I opened my eyes and found myself in another room with a view that looks out over the empty landscape of... Snow and conifer trees? Where was I? I sat up in a queen size bed under a blue comforter and pillows.

"Good morning, Akane." I heard Saiga say from the other side of the room. It was an old apartment with similar design to those a hundred years ago, same tech though.

"Where the hell are we and what happened to Kogami?" I asked pulling myself out of the bed. I had thick sweatpants and a loose long sleeved shirt that slid down my shoulders with a tank top under it. I was still wearing Kogami's necklace.

"Shinya Kogami is placed in the Intensive Care unit below us, I suspect he's in a coma but then again, as you could see from the monitor he's recovering quickly so he'll wake up soon." He said. I sat on the table in front of him and cradled my head.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Nova Scotia, Canada, my dear." He said. I nodded.

"Why was I not supposed to see him?" I asked, I looked behind his glasses.

"Your hue is still a little shaky since you've seen him, I was just protecting you." He said.

"We'll stop please, I need to know how is he." I said standing up.

"He's doing better now, there's no need to worry." Saiga said.

"Have you ever been in love, Joji?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Then you wouldn't know how much a person can worry about another person they love deeply." I said.

"I see my dear." He said nodding.