Fair Game

"Put these on, we're going hunting." I said shoving show pants and jackets into his face I found rummaging through a closet.

"Akane we have plenty of food-" I held up my hand for him to shut up.

"I don't trust them or their food we're getting our own now come on." I pulled thermal pants and a jacket over my jeans and crew neck.

"I trust them, they're not part of Sibyl, we can trust them." He looked at me.

"Well I don't." I said pulling the snow pants on.

"Fine, what's our weapons?" He asked.

"Crossbows." I answered pulling on the heavy jacket adding to my weight.

"Do you even know how to use those?" He asked pulling the pants on. I nodded locking the trigger on the revolver that was left in the pocket.

"I read about them in the archive a while back." I said looking at him, waiting for him to be ready.

"Lets go." He said loading his pistol and sliding it into his pocket.

"Extra protection?" I asked as we walked down a flight of stairs to the main floor.

"Same with you?" He answered with a question. There were two crossbows and arrows awaiting us at the door. I slung the arrows over my shoulder and rested the weapon on the other.

"However much we catch at least has to be the same as the other so we have enough food." I said sliding through the door into the crisp air. I felt my ears grow cold, I pulled up my hood, strapping the front and trudging through the snow, Saiga following.