PART THREE

OBI-WAN KENOBI

TEN YEARS HAVE passed since the tragedy of Anakin Skywalker's downfall and the birth of his twin children

TEN YEARS HAVE passed since the tragedy of Anakin Skywalker's downfall and the birth of his twin children. Octavia Monoré, the once well loved Jedi Master, lives in the hills on the outskirts of Mos Espa, under the new alias of Maeve Allis.

Living a perfectly normal life, Octavia spends her weary days working in a small clothing hub, sewing and putting together tunics for men, women and children. It wasn't much, but it paid her enough to get by everyday and keep her on her feet.

She was a very quiet woman, as most of her work colleagues would say. She would never socialise, never interact that much. Always keeping to herself. Many of those she worked with thought her to be very peculiar, though nobody ever questioned it. Tatooine was full of characters that couldn't always be explained, and Maeve Allis was one of them.

On the odd occasion, when she could manage to have a small amount of time away from her full-time working schedule, she would pay her old friend Ben Kenobi a visit, out in the dunes of Mos Eisley. He too spent his days working and keeping to himself. He was the only friend she truly had. The only person she could ever wholly trust, considering their past and the secrets they held. Octavia would ask him of Luke, how he's keeping and how he's growing. And Obi-Wan would say the same thing every time.

So much like his father, when he was a boy.

Anakin Skywalker had become nothing but a fond memory to Octavia. Darth Vader was blocked, forgotten. She did not remember her husband as a villain, but as a hero. A hero who was killed by his dark alternate. In the early years of Mos Espa, she would often dream of him. She would see his golden hair, his piercing oceanic eyes. She would see the crinkled lines on his cheeks when he smiled, hear the melodic tones of his boyish laughter, and she would wake with a smile. But as the years continued to press by, her dreams lessened, and Octavia Monoré thought of her husband less than she once did.

At times, though, she would catch herself wondering what he was doing, where he was. The galaxy was well aware of the terrors that the empire would bring, as well as the villainous leader that would do everything in his power to take it down a dark path. Sometimes, however, Octavia would wonder if he was thinking of her, the way she would briefly think of him.

Though Octavia's days were often dreary, she would always look forward to the brief messages from Bail Organa that she would receive every once in a while. He fulfilled his promise, and she was so very grateful to hear the stories of her rebellious daughter, Leia. The Senator would tell Octavia the nature of Leia's attitude; how she would constantly be away in the woods with her small droid LOLA, or how she would be defiant against her mother's orders, even at her young age. She reminds me of you, he would say, she was born to be a rebel. Octavia would laugh at that, following with an apology. She has her father's spirit and her mother's brains, she would joke.

As mundane as Octavia's new life was, as content and satisfied she was with her hidden true self, the female ex-Jedi Master could not predict the future, and little did she know what lay ahead with her still-loved husband and his dark enmity.