PROLOGUE

"the human heart has hidden treasures, in secret kept, in silence sealed;
the thoughts,
the hopes,
the dreams,
the pleasures,
whose charms were broken if revealed"

__

OCTAVIA MONORÉ was merely a child when her parents were killed in a speeder accident. The unfortunate outcome left the seven year old girl alone and unaware in her small home in a village inhabited on the lush planet Takodana. Her family was well loved by the beings that lived around her, and when the tragic news of her parents' fate became known, many feared for the child's wellbeing.

Luckily, an old woman who lived in the house just next to Octavia's beloved home, happily took the girl in to treat as her own. This, however, was difficult for Octavia to get used to and understand, and the woman, who went by the name of Cordelia, often heard the fragile girl call for them in her sleep.

As two years passed, Octavia's fate was altered in a way that she could have only dreamed of.

The unexpected arrival of the Jedi Master Aayla Secura brought hope amongst Octavia's life, as the emergency landing of her ship brought her into the girls presence when she gave directions to the village's best known Maintenance Droid, and it's owner. It did not take long for the Twi'lek Master to realise that Octavia was in fact Force-Sensative, and she was eager to bring the girl before the Jedi Council.

After convincing Cordelia of Octavia's life changing talent, Aayla Secura took the girl on to become her Padawan, leading Octavia to her unexpected destiny, with the future help of a cunning Padawan boy who would impact Octavia's life forever.