VII

"our fearlessness shall be our secret weapon"

__

TWO days had passed since the assassin of Padmé Amidala had been killed by a ruthless Bounty Hunter. Obi-Wan Kenobi had been assigned to track and find the criminal, and the two Padawan's were to protect the young and beautiful Senator as she was forced to go into hiding on her home planet of Naboo.

Octavia was sat in Padmé's bedroom, daintily listening to her new friends rants on her duties as Senator. She had not seen much of Anakin, however, as she had been spending some of her time with her Master as he had with his.

The Senator huffed as she neatly folded a navy dress of hers and placed it in a suitcase. "I do not like this idea of hiding." She told the Padawan, who was watching her movements with sincerity. The two were complete opposites, the Senator's radiating beauty was obvious in the styles of clothing that she wore and the naturally outstanding glow upon her features, yet the Padawan's Jedi robes and tired eyes hid her natural ethereal look. She was like a flower, in the desperate need of blooming.

Tucking a lose chestnut strand from her braided hair behind her ear, the Padawan gave her a small smile of reassurance. "You have no need to worry, Padmé. Now that the Council has ordered an investigation, it won't take Obi-Wan long to catch the Bounty Hunter." Her voice was calm and collective, almost like the gentle sound of music or the the first birdsong of the early morning.

"I know, but I haven't worked for a year to defeat the Military Creation Act to not be here when it's fate is decided." Padmé replied, grabbing another piece of clothing from her wardrobe and placing it into her suitcase.

"Your protection is what is most important to the Council. As long as you are safe, they can do their job." Octavia stood, willing to help her friend with her packing. "If there was no threat, you would've been free to make the decisions you wanted, like staying here. But with a risk of your safety, they can't allow that to happen."

The Senator stopped what it was that she was doing and looked at the slightly shorter Jedi with a fond smile on her face. "I'm glad to have met you, Octavia." She grinned more, "finding a friend in you has made this more bearable."

The younger girl smiled, looking down a little. "I spent the majority of my life with my Master, and before that, I didn't really have that many friends. You've created a breathing space for me, Senator. I couldn't be more grateful."

The two grinned at one another, before Octavia politely asked to depart from the Senator's presence so that she could pack for herself. As she left the apartment, however, she was startled as to nearly bump in to a certain Padawan who towered over the girl completely.

"Anakin." She gasped, laughing to herself at the impact of the two as he did the same.

"Sorry." He chuckled. He wore his usual Jedi robes, his lightsaber hanging off of its belt. His skin was tanned and glowing, his cheekbones often catching the light. "I was coming to find you, actually."

"Well, here I am. I was actually one my way to pack for Naboo myself, you're free to come with me." The girl smiled up at him.

"Sure." He nodded back, a small smirk on his lips. "Have you spoken to Master Secura about Naboo?" He asked, the two walking in sync into Octavia's apartment next to Padmé's.