~⁠♡Thoughts♡~{mini-chapter}

★"Running away is easy, it's the leaving that's hard."☆

-Running away, (VANO 3000)

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆☆★☆★☆★

Quackity POV:

That night as he lay between his lush covers, he felt restless. He thought about Wilburs' words. Why didn't he run away?

People would talk, sure. He wondered who would take his place on the throne. Surely not six-year-old Tubbo.

And that was a whole other thing. He couldn't abandon Tubbo now. Not after the silent promises he'd made. To protect him no matter what.

But really, what was he protecting him from? Schlatt was gone. He had Angelica, and it wasn't hard to notice that all the castle staff adored him. Everyone did. Tubbo had that innocent charm that made people instantly love him. Maybe it had something to do with his age. Quackity never had that.

He'd have a nice life here, until he fell in line for the crown. Even then, Quackity was sure he'd make a better king than he.

Still, he knew deep down he'd never leave.

But in the dark loneliness of his room, he allowed himself to play with the idea for a moment.

He could run away. Never look back, never think about what the castle would do in his absence, how they'd react.

He took the map off his nightstand and examined it.

He'd go there, and there, and there...

And when he'd run out of places to go, he'd go outside the paper borders, create a new, bigger map.

Heck, maybe he'd get a job.

He'd always had a childhood dream of becoming a pirate.

But as he contemplated this dream-like adventure, he realized he wasn't imagining it alone.

As he drifted to sleep, it was those soft brown eyes that kept him company.

Somewhere in the back of his brain, his mind protested.

But his eyelids were too heavy to care.