✧♔Coronation♔✧

Quackity POV:

As if in a trance, he found himself travelling back to the castle.

The sun rose slowly, as if it was waiting for him.

When he finally reached the castle and left his horse at the stable, he found the grounds practically deserted.

Wandering inside vaguely he looked around for a sign of anyone.

Now he'd had his revenge he felt tired more than anything. And he realised he hadn't actually slept in days.

A handmaiden walked past and noticed him.

"Your Highness!!" She exclaimed in shock. "People have been looking for you! They're nearly ready for you!"

Oh, right! He suddenly remembered. The coronation!

"We have to get you ready, come on!"

He followed the frantically beckoning woman further into the castle.

Oh well, sleep would have to wait just a few more hours.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆☆★☆★☆★

He stood outside the huge doors to the throne room and took a breath.

A few days ago he would have been wracked with nervousness, but now it didn't seem to matter as much. Nothing did.

And he was determined now.

The doors began to open and he lifted his head, clenching his still slightly blood covered fists and beginning to walk carefully to the throne.

He could feel all eyes on him as he put one foot in front of the other, sinking a little into the ornate rug.

As he reached the throne and turned around, a lump suddenly formed in his throat. He'd seen Tubbo and Angelica sitting in the front of the throne room.

In all that he'd been focused on he hadn't even had a chance to process that he had a mother.

But she didn't even remember him, he thought to himself.

So he looked away. Sitting down and staring straight ahead.

As the crown was lowered towards his head he made a silent promise to his kingdom.

He would be a better king than his fraudulent Uncle.

And if Dream wanted war, he would deliver it.

Most of all he would protect the ones he loved, like how they had protected him.

King Quackity would be a name feared or respected by some, but known by all.

As the crown touched his head and the room erupted in cheers, all he could think through the cacophony was that first and foremost he needed a nap.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆☆★☆★☆★

A/N: short chapter but I'm lazy and can't write in depth descriptions Soo this is what you get lol.

P.s: one more chapter to goooo (⁠。⁠•̀⁠ᴗ⁠-⁠)⁠✧