Rehearsal, and Dumb Ideas From Dumb Teens

a/n: edited this chapter on 6/12/23, to fix some inconsistencies in Jake's age and driver's license. 

After the competition, things were finally starting to look up for Jake. He managed to gain back the trust of the club during the competition, and also managed to make things right with Drew and his friends. He felt so much more content than he ever did in a while. So he got dressed, ate a small breakfast, took his meds, and was about to leave the house.

"Jake, before you leave for band rehearsals, I wanted to tell you that me and your dad will be leaving the house to you over the rest of the weekend, and come back on Monday. I trust you won't do anything foolish." His mother told him.

"Yeah, got it. Nothing stupid, I know."

"I mean it, Jake! When I get back, I better not find out you've done anything wrong."

Jake nodded once more, and turned to the door, and left the house. He got his driver's license about half a year ago, so he was pretty proud of being able to drive his own car. However, even so, he still gets nervous driving. He hopped in his car, started it up, and went to Hailey and Zander's house.

...

"Woah! Jake! Is that your car you've been speaking about so often?!" Milly asked eagerly.

"Yeah, isn't it awesome!" Jake matches her energy, and starts to speak about how he got it (including all of the unnecessary details).

Zander interrupts him mid-rant, "Moron, you got your license half a year ago. No one cares about it anymore... and we're half-way through our junior year, most people know how to drive, idiot."

"Well I'm sorry Zander, for lighting up the mood here," Jake says sarcastically, "calm down, will you?"

Hailey emerges from the house and starts, "We should probably get rehearsals started, and maybe we could go for some boba and treats later."

"Really?! That's awesome!" Milly says as she walks into the house. Zander, Hailey, and Jake follow her.

Luke and Sean are seen sitting on the couches, in a conversation of their own.

Hailey grabs everyone's attention, "Okay, everyone! We'll practice until three, and then we can take our break. Does that sound good with everyone?"

A series of yeps, and things along that line were spoken at once. And so, they got to practice. One hour, two hours, three hours, went by fast. It was two, with an hour away from their scheduled break.

"Ugh... how long does this take... we've been practicing since eleven!" Milly complained loudly.

"I also think we should take a small break. My timing is starting to get slightly off." Luke agrees.

Hailey complies, "Sure. We can practice for another thirty minutes at two-thirty. We could use a break."

Everyone made their way towards the exit of the house and sat down outside.

Jake starts, "Hey, I wanted to ask you guys if you would be interested in coming to a party. Drew invited me to his house for a party, and wanted to ask if you wanted to come?"

"Sweet! We're gonna party!" Milly exclaimed.

"Wait- Hold on a minute. A party? For real?" Sean asks.

"Yeah! He told me to tell you guys." Jake, although he was inviting his friends to a party, he felt a couple of stares towards him. Specifically Hailey, Zander, and Sean.

Hailey clears her throat, "Um. What type of party is this specifically?"

"BYOB. It'll be fun, I swear!"

"I dunno about this, Jake. It's a party for people to get drunk at. Remember, we're only 17, you and Luke are 16, and Milly is 15. This doesn't seem safe." Hailey continues.

"I agree with Hailey. There are better things to do than to drink. And I'd much rather not be out of my mind." Zander says.

Sean stands up from where he's sitting, "You guys, you shouldn't be getting into alcohol. Not now at least. As the oldest of the club, I can't let you do this– or at least, I don't want you to get into this. But, in the end. It is your choice. Just don't get swallowed up in it, okay?"

The only club member to not speak his opinion, Luke, spoke, "We shouldn't force people to come, or people to not. If you want to, then you can. And if you don't, then you don't. Just always make sure to be cautious."

"Wow... you guys really are buzzkills." Milly said nonchalantly.

"I agree with Luke. If you want to come, then that's okay! If not, I'm not forcing you!" Jake agrees, "Just make sure to let me know by 6 if you are or not. I'll give you guys a ride there!"

"Right. Anyway, putting aside the topic about parties," The club president starts, "I came up with another song that we could possibly use in the concert! I usually end up writing lyrics on my own or with Jake, but I figured that this time we could all have a say of what we can write in for lyrics."

"That's a great idea Hailey!" Sean cheers.

"Well then, we can brainstorm some ideas for the rest of the break, and then we can get back to practicing for another thirty minutes. After that, we'll get some boba."

This is kind of a short chapter