The Past

a longer chapter awaits!! 

t/w: bullying, homophobia, yelling, being outed

a/n: I realized that I messed up Jake's age really badly in the book, so im going to have to go back and edit some things (for example, he's sixteen, but has had his driver's license for apparently over a year, which doesn't make sense)

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Zander's alarm rang.

When Zander woke up, he was in a mess of papers and books on his small desk. He soon realized that he was studying and got up. He rubbed his eyes, and sat up. His math homework still had eight questions left for him to complete, and once he realized this, he felt more dread knowing that he doesn't have enough time to finish it.

Luke turned off Zander's alarm for him, and got up slowly, "Good morning, Zander. Did you finish your homework?"

"...No. I need to finish it sometime during my free period."

"Okay. If you need help, I can help you with it!"

"Thanks, but since my free period isn't with you guys, I won't be able to get your help then." Zander yawned. Luke yawns as well, once he sees Zander yawn.

a/n: i'm yawning too now

"That's too bad. I'm going to go get ready now." Luke leaves the room, and downstairs, presumably to get his clothes from the dryer.

"Alright."

...

Sean walked down the corridors whilst listening to the chatter of the students in the hallway. He first had his elective class, Media and Marketing, in the morning, which he shared with Daisy and Milly. Milly wasn't all that interested in it at first and initially joined to share a class with Sean, but now she enjoys it.

Currently, they weren't doing anything in their class, and it became a study hall. Sean looks at Milly, "We should probably use this time to practice our songs." He turns to Daisy, "Daisy, do you wanna come with?"

"Sure! Let's go!" She cheerfully smiled.

The three left the class and went to the empty music room. Milly suggests, "Sean, you should go first. We haven't heard you sing 'Getaway' yet."

"Sure, then. Daisy, do you want to start the track for me? Milly can play her guitar, and I'll just sing."

"If I drove to you tonight, would you want to get away?" He began to sing, albeit shakily.

Once he finished the song, Daisy clapped, "You did great, Sean!"

Milly smiled, "It was pretty impressive for someone who hasn't had a rehearsal to sing it yet. Once you get more comfortable singing into a microphone, you'll sound better."

"Thanks, you two. I wanted to see how I sounded. I'm not used to singing."

"Same, man." Milly agreed and began to strum something on her guitar.

...

"What do you want, Drew?" Zander glared in Drew's direction.

"Nothing bad, calm down." Drew replied. Despite the music club and Jake's friends not hating each other as much, Zander still didn't like Drew or Liam very much. He didn't outwardly argue with them as he used to, but he still doesn't trust them.

"Alright. Tell me what it is, quickly."

"So, Andre wanted to talk to you and Luke, and asked me to relay the info. He wants to meet up with you guys at the boba shop that Iridessa works at on Sunday."