I didn't expect I'd fall for you (PART 1)

They're objects lmaoooooo. This is a sort of backstory so yeah lol. Enjoy! It'll be divided into multiple parts btw. 

Inanimate Insanity Season 2 had ended. Everyone was living in the hotel now and took the time to recover from the competition and the dramas that went down with it. They all got their rooms and after reuniting with friends everything went to normal pretty soon.

Lightbulb had found herself having to share a room with Microphone, since Test Tube wanted to switch. Test Tube first slept with Mic in one room, but now slept with Fan while Paintbrush went into a room with Soap. So now Mic and Lightbulb would share a room. They were both not too happy about it; Lightbulb remembered how loud Microphone was and Microphone thought Lightbulb was pretty weird. Though they both were in need of some nice company so they didn't complain too much. They would both rather sleep in a room with someone they didn't like much than be alone. 

Microphone was never able to get along with Test Tube. She didn't really have many friends in general. She was quite anxious about making new friends. Lightbulb did have friends and hung out with them a lot, but she hated sleeping alone. She already found out when all her friends were eliminated, and, scared people would reject her if she'd ask someone if she could sleep with them, she just decided to sleep alone, in the cold night, crying herself to sleep. So it was still an improvement for them both in the end.

The first day, when OJ told Lightbulb she could stay in Mic's room, the two reacted somewhat negatively.

"Seriously? She's so loud! And probably a criminal!" Lightbulb had exclaimed, while glaring at Microphone.

"As if you aren't a silly quirkity doo who eats sticks." Microphone had replied, rolling her eyes. 

"Sticks are the good kush." Lightbulb said. 

But even though they were mad and didn't really like each other, they did decide that sleeping in one room as roommates would be okay for now. They could always switch later, if other rooms were available. 

The first night had come pretty soon. Lightbulb and Mic hadn't spoken much to each other except the occasional greeting or asking a question. Lightbulb had initiated a conversation about food that day, but Microphone was listening to music on her ChairPods (yes these stories will continue to have ripoffs of brands, HA!). Lightbulb hadn't noticed so she thought Mic was ignoring her. She quickly stopped talking to her after that, but also soon noticed Mic was just listening to music when she started bopping her head and hum along with the melody of a song. Her voice sounded pretty, but Lightbulb had decided not to make a remark about it.

Lightbulb and Mic both went to bed.

"G'night." Lightbulb said to Mic.

"Night." Mic replied.

The two went to sleep soon after that.

That night, Microphone woke up. She noticed she was pretty thirsty and went to get some water. Late night drinks just hit different in a way. She drank some water from the faucet in the bathroom connected to their room and then returned. She got back into bed and was about to go to sleep when she heard... crying?

She sat up, listening. Her hearing is pretty good so she had no trouble hearing that it was, indeed, the sound of crying. Soft sobs could be heard, and they sounded like they were coming from Lightbulb. Mic turned to Lightbulb. She could see the bulb laying there, her back facing Mic, a dim light emitting from her. Usually her light was a bright warm color, but now it was dim and sad, showing that she really was in a bad mood.

"Lightbulb?" Microphone tried to talk to her, "Are you okay?"

Lightbulb sniffled.

"No..." she said softly.