20. JUNGKOOK

--------------------X---------------0---------------X---------------O------------------

There was something wrong, something very wrong the way Soo Hyun treated her. I saw the blood mark on her dress and a little beige of the bandage she wrapped around her hand. It was not normal.

Heck she was not normal, she acted all high and might, not even looking in my direction once, I stole several glances in her direction but nothing. She looked so void, so empty and those eyes were killing me. It was not her, she was not her usual self. I know I have broken all the contact with her but I didn't expect her to be this cold.

"So what is bothering you so much that you can't even answer a question Jeon?" I look up clearing the daze, I was in my office discussing the collaboration with the Lee's. Mr. Lee was kind enough to provide their investment when our major investor pulled out of the project last moment. And later I got to know his ties with Kim Soo Hyun. I knew there was something wrong with the way he acknowledged me, the way he looked at me. But pouring his personal vengeance on business was childish, I must say.

"Nothing... What were you saying?" I ask Yujin, she was hell of a smart woman I have ever met in my life, her keen eyes and sharp features were just for the show, for people who don't know her. But she was extremely clever, intelligent and a hacking expert. Her mind works sharper than mine. I would hate to admit it publicly though. It would just boost the ego of this overly confident lady, well if I were at her place I'd be the same. 

The fresh smell of orchids hit my nostrils as she bent forward keeping her chin in her hands rested on the table. "you are thinking about her, don't you?" another of her quality, she is fucking psychic, well her being my partner is a good thing as she hates him, well her family hates Soo Hyun. 

She once told me they were good friends, her family and his but the way things turned out after Soo Hyun took over the company everything went down the drain. All the illegal work he has been pulling was not something Mr. Lee approved of and he has disconnected every ties with him.

I kept my gaze on her sharp features, and one thing I noticed today, red must be her favorite color. Everyday, she would wear something red, whether be it a dress, shoes, accessories, or lipstick. As she wore today, a hot blood red lipstick on her smirking lips. "Well you are wrong," I say keeping my gaze on her face.

"Am I? Or are you just that good at lying?" she takes a brief pause before getting comfortable on the chair. "I didn't want to pry into your personal matter but Jeon... the way you treated her was absolutely the worst. She is a broken soul, I could sense the pain a hundred miles away and you just added some to it." She was not wrong, we met a week back at the hotel Hae ri was staying but I didn't expect her to be this cold with me either. 

"You know, she is not in the wrong when you were the one to not confess your feelings, she is not in the wrong if she doesn't reciprocate your feelings." I hated the fact she was right, she was right in every sentence she spoke but the anger the denial and the heartbreak was too much to handle together.

"Who told you all of this? And why are you still in my office even after our meeting was over like an hour ago?" I ask looking briefly at my watch, she was not annoying, she was just stating facts and yet it was annoying me. Her smile touched her eyes and I could see the glimmer in her green eyes for a moment. "You try to change this topic, but let me tell you her life is already hell is she's married to that guy, don't make it more difficult for her. After all she's your best friend." She says getting up, her brown skirt suit doing every justice to compliment her figure and eyes. The red lipstick was cherry on the cake.