Forbidden border

The fairies loved my decorations and had to see everything I got, but they couldn't put them in my hair so they made a necklace. I expected that they would try to steal something from me, but everything was on the line when they brought me what they had made. Even the king contributed to the creation – he brought the most beautiful acorn he found and insisted that we include it among the shells and stones. I'm going to assume he likes nuts.

I stretched out in the grass and stared at the clouds while the fairies played and hid from each other in the flowers. I was almost asleep when I heard hooves approaching, but it was too late to hide. The sun was covered by a shadow, but instead of the clouds I was hoping for, four thin legs and eyes overjoyed to have found me appeared over me:

-He ran away from us in search of you and almost got lost and hurt. We concluded that it is safer and better to occasionally walk him to the meadow so he can see you.-Horace announced and came after him.

The little centaur jumped around me a couple of times and tried to make me stand up, but when he realized that he was thrashing in vain, he threw himself on his back trying to imitate me, and his legs remained sticking out in the air. I don't get the impression that he likes that position, nor does he understand how I can lie like that:

-He's not the brightest kid you'll meet, but I'm sure you can teach him a lot of things.-is this revenge because I bit him?

After we decided that centaurs don't like lying on their backs, I had to get up. The kid is starting to get upset, and Horace isn't doing anything about it. We crossed the meadow and after an unsuccessful hunt for fairies, the little one led me towards the stream from which Horace brought me ornaments. What could really go wrong if we go after the source and look for anything shiny from it?

Horace let us out of sight for a short time and that was enough for us to escape him and go in search of the source. This happens when the fairies are more interesting to him than the child he has to bring home alive. We played and got wet chasing the ducks that accidentally got in our way, and then we came across the border of the safe territory. From the hill in the distance I saw the outlines of a settlement. Humans? Unusual. I wouldn't expect to see them here.

Suddenly I heard the sound of a horse coming from the forest and for a moment I was afraid that someone had come after us, but only Horace jumped out in front of us. He doesn't seem very positive to me. As if he is angry with us for something:

-Where do you think you're going? You must not go any further from here! You are already too far!-he warned us, but I didn't understand why he got so upset, and the little one was startled, confused by his tone of voice:

-You must not go to the elven property. How will you two defend yourself from being beaten?-who beats a baby centaur?! Why would anyone attack a foal?!

Horace chased us back where we came from and we had no say in this. Now I would go back there just out of spite. Do elves like nymphs? So many questions, and the tongue does not serve me.